Contribute
Register

So how do we upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
gotta quick question. If i upgrade to mountain lion by installing over my existing lion partition will it delete my Extra folder containing my DSDT smbios and org.chameleon.boot.plist??

ok got it....thanks samisnake! :)

Will CustomBeast made for SL work with ML

I was able to upgrade my latest version of Lion to Mountain Lion by following tonymacx86's guide, but it says nothing about being able to use CustomBeast that was created for Snow Leopard/Lion. So I did the MultiBeast way and downloaded my motherboard DSDT, put on my desktop and just checked UserDSDT box...Still unable to boot, just hangs and says waiting for root device or does the reboot cycle. I am still able to boot up with USB HDD I created for ML install but kind of a pain. Should my CustomBeast work for ML as it did for SL & L? My MB is Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 1155 F3 Rev 1.0 with i5 2500, also Nividia Geforece 210. Thanks

I upgraded with Unibeast.

1. Purchase ML on App Store
2. Download and run latest Unibeast to create installation USB stick
3. Boot from USB stick, install ML onto existing Lion
4. Reboot using USB stick, choose new ML installation
5. Run latest Multibeast to do AppleHDARollback
6. Reboot to upgraded ML

I had a few issues...had to remove FakeSMC plugin kexts before kernel cache would rebuild properly. Total upgrade time about 1 hour, not including download of ML.

Perry

OK, so i downloaded ML through the App store. When i reboot into the usb stick that i setup with Unibeast, it should have access to my ML install file that is on my regular lion partition? No one ever mentions moving anything to the USB stick and the unibeast install is only 8mb. Am I missing something? I havent tried rebooting as im doing carbon clone of my system first. Just wanted to get all the right information before I started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back