2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have just about everything working on this system, but two things... The Realtek 1220 Audio and this weird kernel panic on reboot. I have iMessage and iCloud working correctly, and even WiFi calling and Unlock with Apple Watch. (wake is a little slow and janky, but I think that was working better before I reworked everything using MultiBeast 10.0 yesterday.. patch I need to re-apply I suppose)

Here's the config:

GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5
Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400

Pioneer BDR 209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
OSXWiFi BCM94360CD in PCIe Adapter
Logitech HD Pro C920 Webcam

Seagate Archive 8TB 3.5”

be quiet! Dark Base PRO 900 Case, Silver
Corsair - HX750i 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
be quiet! Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler
AOC U2879VF 28” 3840x2160 60Hz. Monitor

At the moment, (the state that's saved in my Report attached), my Nvidia 1070 is working correctly at
3360 x 1890 @ 60 Hz, and everything seems fast and stable.
(My on-board audio does not work or even show up in System Information/Hardware/Audio)

"Kernel Panic" Loop

But if I were to reboot right now, the system would go almost all the way through boot and then restart again, which I'm assuming is a KP. (The verbose-mode text goes by very fast and disappears, and even reviewing the slo-mo video of it I made with my iPhone, I couldn't see anything that gave me a hint.)

To stop this reboot-crash cycle, I select Options in the Clover boot screen (during my 3-second delay) and turn off the NvidiaWeb flag. The system will, of course, come up with default drivers. Once it's fully booted, I just open the Nvidia Driver Manager panel in System Preferences and switch back to NVIDIA Web Driver, reboot, and everything comes up correctly.

One hint... or false hint that's kept me going on circles on this all weekend: Tests of emulated nvram function fails:

> sudo nvram Test=FooBar
(reboot)
> nvram Test
(get error that there's no "Test".)

I think I've got all the necessary problem report files attached. Please let me know if there's something I missed in the attached "Report". All help appreciated! As I said in my previous post about this build, one objective of this project is to get my head back into this stuff, so the learning from this community is something I value greatly!

Attachments

• Report.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
Seems that in the rework I did trying to get this Kernel Panic fixed, I broke iMessage and all my continuity stuff (Unlock with Apple Watch, etc.).

I have my notes, of course, and will go through and make sure that I've redone everything in the Clover config and kexts and other stuff.

Since I'll be in there, it would be great to have someone comment on any problems in my config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back