Contribute
Register

SO CLOSE CATALINA 15.5.1 / Asus Rog Strix Z390-E / i9-9900K/ Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
Intel i9 9900K
Graphics
Radeon 5700Xt
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok folks this is my first one of these and I am so close to getting her at least up and running. I finally got past the initial boot problems and I'm
real close to gettin the OS on her. I get to the last couple of minutes and I get this "An error Occurred while preparing the Installation. Please Try again" message. Not sure what is going on.
I have included the last two pages of the install error log. If a wiser person than me can take a look at it and tell me what to do I'd be stoked. If You need more I can just run it again and get the older pages. This stuff is 100% Greek to me, I'm more of a musician than a coder. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1829.JPG
    IMG_1829.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1828.JPG
    IMG_1828.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
You have the ability to save the entire log in the USB stick from where you booted from.

Please attach the log.txt here.

Here ya go. :headbang:

Attachments

• Installer Log 3-Mar-2020.txt
    221.8 KB · Views: 47
Boot with the Installation disk on your USB drive and after the language selector, Open Disk Utility in the menu, select the partition you are trying to install Catalina to and post a picture of it here.

This is where your issue is:

Code:
Mar  3 09:14:58 iMac-Pro osinstallersetupd[624]: Disk disk26s1 is not suitable because DMError: -69837
Mar  3 09:14:58 iMac-Pro osinstallersetupd[624]: disk26s1 is not convertible to APFS: You may not install to this volume because it can not be converted to Apple File System (APFS).

Do you already have data on this HDD/SSD or is it new?

Ok. But I never partitioned that drive. That drive it just a AFPS formatted 1TB Samsung EVO SSD. Should I make a partition on it?
This is where your issue is:

Code:
Mar  3 09:14:58 iMac-Pro osinstallersetupd[624]: Disk disk26s1 is not suitable because DMError: -69837
Mar  3 09:14:58 iMac-Pro osinstallersetupd[624]: disk26s1 is not convertible to APFS: You may not install to this volume because it can not be converted to Apple File System (APFS).

Do you already have data on this HDD/SSD or is it new?

Hmm.. well I erased reformatted last night, and got the error. But I haven't erased and formatted today. Should I be doing that every time I try and install? gimme a Sec and I'll get you that pic.

I just erased and reformatted and tried to install. These pics are from right after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back