Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Noob here,

I followed the multibeast + iBoot perfectly, but now I can only boot into safe mode. If I try a regular boot, I get the apple error message that I need to restart the computer. I can still boot to Snow Leopard using the iBoot disc. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

That means you may have installed multibeast wrong did you do a user DSDT install or an easy install?

First, I did and Easy Beast install. This didn't work, so I've tried other installs(User DSDT Varieties). What should I do?

You need to find the DSDT file for your motherboard and save it to your desktop then run the User DSDT install

I started from scratch. When I do the 10.6.8 Combo Update, an error occurs with about a minute remaining and forces me to turn off the computer. Any suggestions?

according to the directions, you do the 10.6.8 update before you run multibeast. So, the system crashes before the 10.6.8 update finishes.

Try updating to 10.6.7 instead or if you want to update to 10.6.8 you should run Update Helper. Check in Downloads.

UpdateHelper

For Sandy Bridge users updating to 10.6.8 ONLY. Run this tool before running the 10.6.8 Combo Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back