Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard won't boot from iBoot disc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel i5 4690K Haswell
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I am stuck, I followed the "Simplest Mac Installation Guide" and after 4 hours of trying all sorts of boot flags i was finally able to install Snow Leopard.

The next step was downloading the 10.6.8 Combo Update and Multibeast but my ethernet wasn't working. (I think because my ASUS Maximus VII Hero Motherboard needs a driver from MultiBeast for this, correct me if im wrong)

So after realizing that i can't get to the next step I rebooted. And nothing was working. On the first time I got into Snow Leopard with iBoot i used only -v and it worked, but this time nothing seems to work.

I used:

-v
-v -f -F
-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No (Kernel Panic)
-v PCIRootUID=1
-v PCIRootUID=1 -x (Kernel Panic)
-v -x
-v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

1.jpgThis was the Screen at the end of my first try with -v . I can upload a screen to every boot flag if that would help solving the problem.

I am new and was pretty impressed by this site when preparing my hardware list i hope this communtiy can help me out a second time :) thanks in advance!

You need iBoot Haswell to boot 97 series boards.

I am already using iBoot Haswell because of my i5 4690k (forgot to write it sry)

I am already using iBoot Haswell because of my i5 4690k (forgot to write it sry)

You need a GPU supported by SL if you install with discrete GPU on board.
Suggest you remove the GPU and use CPU gfx to install with boot flags

-v npci=0x2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back