Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard -> upgrade to Mountain Lion? Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
i5
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I've recently updated to 10.6.8 and everything's ok,
is it possible just to update from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion?
I don't have Lion and can't use Unibeast,
Thank you!

Yes, you can. You'll need to purchase OS X Mountain Lion via the Mac App Store and download UniBeast from the downloads section.

But that is for a fresh installation? have I got to use unibest for just the upgrade? can't I use the ML installer? I'd prefer to keep the apps and everything...thank you!

Important

Your SL install most probably uses 32bit kexts and programs. These no longer work in Mountain Lion! Booting with these will most likely result into Kernel Panics!

Please check all of your kexts for 64bit compatibility and that all of your hardware supports 64bit, too.

But that is for a fresh installation? have I got to use unibest for just the upgrade? can't I use the ML installer? I'd prefer to keep the apps and everything...thank you!

You don't have to format your hard drive. You can select it and install right over it.

No you can't just run the app and upgrade like a real mac, PCs are not macs. You'll need to use UniBeast.

You should check what apps you're running/need and see if they are compatible with 10.8.

Thanks for the help guys! I'll give it a try on my secon hard drive and keep my working SL hard drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back