Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As countless stated in this forum, I bought a regular SL retail DVD for my next to come Hackintosh...

But now I have this question to put...

How many installs can be done with that DVD?

I'd like to use it for - at least - 2 hackintoshes:
- the former Gigabyte G31M-ES2L
RAM = DDR2 800Mhz 2 * 2GB
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
NVidia GEForce 8400GS 256/512MB
2 x 1TB Caviar Green
750w power unit

new custoMac Pro
- GA-X58-UD3R, i7 950, ATI HD5770 etc.

May I use the same DVD for two differnt installs???

Thanks
Michael

wavesequence said:
As countless stated in this forum, I bought a regular SL retail DVD for my next to come Hackintosh...

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
2 x 1TB Caviar Green
750w power unit

new custoMac Pro

Thanks
Michael
Legally you may use one install dvd per computer. $29USD is not much compared to $299.99 for Win7.
If you want to load on multiple machines, get the family pack and load it on up to 5 machines. - http://www.amazon.com/Snow-Leopard-Family-Pack-5-User/dp/B001AMPP0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8

Going Bald said:
Legally you may use one install dvd per computer
If it's a Mac.
Guess we're in a grey area here anyway...but certainly more morally correct to have 1 license per machine.

humph said:
Going Bald said:
Legally you may use one install dvd per computer
If it's a Mac.
Guess we're in a grey area here anyway...but certainly more morally correct to have 1 license per machine.
That really depends on the country. In some countries it is actually illegal to tie software to hardware and vice versa. EULA's are not recognized as having any legality if they do. In fact, some places EULA's are set aside if they are "against public policy"!

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    2 MB · Views: 215
Thanks to all the kind guys who replied.

There's another aspect to consider... The computers are two, MacOSX Snow Leopard is just one DVD but I'm either on one computer or another... ;)
This means that I'm not able to use the two computers at the same time because they are in two different places (home and office).

I have a particular software that helps me calculating heat loss, air ducts, heating implants and insulations. It's protected with a USB dongle, thus I can work both at the office and at home. The softwarehouse let me do it because I use that program on a single computer at a time.

Got it?
Thus I think I'll use the same DVD. :)

wavesequence said:

There's another aspect to consider... The computers are two, MacOSX Snow Leopard is just one DVD but I'm either on one computer or another... ;)
This means that I'm not able to use the two computers at the same time because they are in two different places (home and office).

I have a particular software that helps me calculating heat loss, air ducts, heating implants and insulations. It's protected with a USB dongle, thus I can work both at the office and at home. The softwarehouse let me do it because I use that program on a single computer at a time.

Got it?

It makes no difference if you are using one computer at a time or not. If you want it on multiple machines, the right thing to do is to get the family pack for $20 more. Just because you aren't using the second computer doesn't mean that it's physically impossible for it to be used. That's why your USB dongle analogy doesn't make sense, because you can't use it on more than one computer at once.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    22 KB · Views: 148
Vendetta said:
wavesequence said:

Got it?

It makes no difference if you are using one computer at a time or not. If you want it on multiple machines, the right thing to do is to get the family pack for $20 more. Just because you aren't using the second computer doesn't mean that it's physically impossible for it to be used. That's why your USB dongle analogy doesn't make sense, because you can't use it on more than one computer at once.
A little nit-picker huh? :lol:

wavesequence said:
Vendetta said:
wavesequence said:

Got it?

A little nit-picker huh? :lol:

I'm just telling you the way it works. It's true that some companies do allow you to install their software on one desktop and one laptop, as well. But, as far as this is concerned, the single user SL license is intended for 1 installation, while the family back (which is very cheap) is intended for 5. What you do with that information is your choice.

wavesequence said:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
2 x 1TB Caviar Green
750w power unit

new custoMac Pro

Thanks
Michael

Hi

I surprised from your question !

you call it hackintoshe which mean Hacking Macintosh !

I do not know where do you live but Apple Has its own copyright that it prevent instalation of its Os on other computers ( so only on Apple hardware! I disagree with that)

So if you are caring about the copyright role you should buy new MAC since you tried it in your old computer and you like it.

For me I am still using Windows but tring to be familiar with Mac first befor I got a Macbook Pro

Good luck
If you like Mac Have a real MAC ! :headbang:

drsasi said:
If you like Mac Have a real MAC ! :headbang:
Well, I'm a Mac user since 1986... My last Mac was a G5 2GHz DP that ceased to live in 2009. Due to economical crisis and clients that pay my invoices in late and/or decide by themselves what money is due to pay for a service actually I can't afford a MacPro.

I'd be very happy to invest 3,3K euros for a Mac Pro... Yes, here in Italy the price of Macs is the same... but in euros :twisted:
That's why I'm forced to adopt this solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back