Contribute
Register

snow leopard only boots with iboot in drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi peeps,
hopely this is th ecorrect place to put this topic..
i have installed snow leopard on ga-z68m-d2h mobo got the sound going and all display settings, updated combo 10.6.4 as 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 won't let puta start, used mutlibeast for snow leopard did all the steps as per tutorial and ejected iboot off desktop and re-booted.
it goes thru the motions of booting up and gets to the apple logo and stops..i insert the iboot cd and re-boot and then S/L starts!!
nebody got ne help as to what the problem could be?
i have re installed bout 20 times so far..
pulled all me hair out so far!!!! lol
thanx in advance

hi tazzy
ok i got it all working now..
i got a geoforce 8400 video card and i went to nvidia and downloaded the video drivers for it...that package is calledcudadriver 4.0.50-mac os.dmg
ya card should work then
system utilities:-rebuild caches, repair permissions
driver and bootloaders-> kext & enablers -> audio-universal-all the voodood's
audio->realtek--> applehda rollback
miscellaneous tick voodoo ps/2 controller
customization--> boot options--> 64bit apple boot screen
then re booted
then tested sound if it still didn't work i then used kext wizard to load the realtekr1000sl.kext and the voodoohda.kext
re-booted...Bingo!!!!! sound.

damn spoke too soon..
after i went to bed and got up the next day did bugga all then turned on hackintosh in the late arvo...now i find it won't boot into snow leopard unless iboot is in the drive!!!!!!!!
gawd struth!!!
wonder if itz coz i put in another dvd-rw?
newayz...looks like another re-install again! :(

S/L won't bootup unless iboot is in dvdrom

hi peeps,
well here we go again..does anyone know why snow leopard won't bootup unless the iboot cd is in the cd-rom?
was working ok lastnight, so i turned puta off and went to bed, then turned it back on this arvo...and...yep u guessed it!!!!..would not bootup in snow leopard..so i put in iboot cd and bingo it boots up!
so i removed the cd, turned off puta..waited 1min, then turned back on and still no bootup into s/l
so i re-partitioned, then reformatted, re-installed leopard, updatecomo 10.6.7, ran multibeast, re-boot and still no damn good!
at my wits end now, it it keeps up and no one can help then i'll dump hackintosh and just install windowz 7..a shame coz i switched from windows to apple macbook pro coz i was bored with windows so i thought will try to build hackintosh..not worth the stress now..have been trying for nearly week now...10hrs a day would you believe..
hope some one knows and can help me..
kind regards

boot with -v boot flag and find out WHY it won't boot before you re-install. You will probably have the same problem when you re-install, so better to fix it now.

Re: S/L won't bootup unless iboot is in dvdrom

Stupid question maybe but did you install Chimera or Chameleon?
You need a boatloader to start Snow Leopard. The iBoot dvd is just that.
So just install SL boot up with iBoot and run multibeast select Chimera or Chameleon and install.
Then eject iBoot and Chimera or Chameleon should pop up and let you select
SL.

Moved to the correct forum section. index.php

User Builds -> 10.6 Support

User Builds == Confirmed User Hardware Build

Buying Advice == Starting Your Journey...Ask About Your Future Build

faq.php

yes i clicked on chimera in multibeast, and no i did not select fakesmc..does that make a difference?
will re-do it select fakesmc and see wot transpires

i know this is gonna sound stoopid, but i presume i type in -V when the iboot menu pops up?
or do i type it once s/l is installed and at the menu where u have the 2 icons, iboot and my snow leopard disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back