Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-GAMING 7
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
gtx 960
i copied Tonymac's build for Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard w/i7 processor and had not problem with the install. Everything worked like a rea Mac until yesterday.

I got to the grey screen with the Apple logo and the spinning wheel. A time bar at the bottom of the screen appeared which I do not recall seeing before. I am not talking about the blue bar the counts down before the program loads but a black bar that starts to fill in, stops and tries to fill in from the beginning again

After a few seconds the computer shuts down completely. I tried to re-install but I cannot get past the iBoot screen. When I eject iBoot and put in the SL Installation DVD and press F5 nothing happens.

I do not have any error lights on the MB and I switched the disc drive to see if that was the cause. Same behavior with the new drive

I think this may be a hardware problem but I am pretty much a NOOB so if anybody has any suggestions I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance
Chuck

Sounds like hardware - what have you do so far to troubleshoot?

I have upgraded the BIOS to version FF and still the same behavior. Beyond that I don't know what else to do. Do you haves suggestions?

I tried an install on another hard drive and I was able to get to the iBoot screen but when I installed the SL Install DVD It would just hang. My best guess is the motherboard. Has anybody had any luck with Gigabyte warranty service. The board is just a little over a year old

I have don all that you suggested and still the problem exist. I was able to boot up one time and my desktop looked as it had in the past. I tried to plug in my mouse and it crashed again. I agree that the problem is hardware and most likely the MB. If I replace the MB will I lose all the aps that I have on my HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back