Graphics
None
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so I managed to install snow leopard on my hard drive now i only need a wireless adapter for the wifi.Thing is that the computer doesn't let me open the DVD/CD drive manually, I have to press eject on the screen to open it. I thought something might have gone wrong with the installation so I put in Iboot to try to reinstall snow leopard but it also doesn't let me open the drive manually neither on windows 7. Weird thing about the installation was that it said 23 min remaining and I came back like 10 mins later and it was at a black screen that said reboot or insert disk where you want to boot from or something like that. What did I do wrong?

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
CPU - Intel I5 Sandy Bridge 2400 3.10 GHz
No GPU using the HDMI input to connect to monitor
Ram- GSkill 2GB x 2
power supply- Antec 600w
dvd/cd drive - Samsung DVD drive
Installed windows 7 on a 2tb partitioned hard drive ( 900gb for snow leopard and 1 tb for windows 7)

Ok so I managed to install snow leopard on my hard drive now i only need a wireless adapter for the wifi.Thing is that the computer doesn't let me open the DVD/CD drive manually, I have to press eject on the screen to open it. I thought something might have gone wrong with the installation so I put in Iboot to try to reinstall snow leopard but it also doesn't let me open the drive manually neither on windows 7. Weird thing about the installation was that it said 23 min remaining and I came back like 10 mins later and it was at a black screen that said reboot or insert disk where you want to boot from or something like that. What did I do wrong?

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
CPU - Intel I5 Sandy Bridge 2400 3.10 GHz
No GPU using the HDMI input to connect to monitor
Ram- GSkill 2GB x 2
power supply- Antec 600w
dvd/cd drive - Samsung DVD drive
Installed windows 7 on a 2tb partitioned hard drive ( 900gb for snow leopard and 1 tb for windows 7)

InsaneAir

We have recommended hardware for this (WiFi adapter) - and its posted on the site
As to the DVD open close - this is under the control of OSX - you need to use the eject button which is at the top of the screen in the upper right corner - mouse over it - drop down box appears w eject CD or DVD depending upon what media type you have in the Drive.
This is normal for all Macs ... I do believe that real Macs do not have a manual eject button on the front of their doors.

Did You install OSX SL w a DSDT file - check the Downloads / DSDT/ for a file to match your MB - check what BIOS version number you have.
They need to match.

Also as you have a Sandy Bridge System MB and CPU - we need to modify the install process a bit.
This is from a user and follow it to install OSX SL to Sandy Bridge Hardware. Note you will need a program called Update Helper from downloads for this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatible hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board and run System Utilities.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

Also if MultiBeast has issues running -
Open preferences->security and check to allow any app to run. Then it allows unsigned apps like UniBeast to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back