Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 2: DSDT Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demystifying HDMI Audio Part 2: DSDT Edits

pan said:
Another quick note -- When everything was up and running, except for HDMI Audio, my video card was an unrecognized nvidia card in system profiler--every other part of that profile was correct (detected the TV, showed HDMI out, etc), just the name was incorrect, until I did GraphicsEnabler=yes. It then detected the card as a GT240, but the video was very very choppy, plus we're supposed to turn all graphics enablers off.

I'm going to try to start from scratch tonight, update only to 10.6.7 and see what happens from there -- unless you think theres a more logical option

Thanks for all of your help
10.6.7 is fine. Do not apply AppleHDA roll back. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22032 for detailed instructions.

I now have the DSDT identical to the "Y-= Nvidia_GE DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Complete", but still having the same return on kernel.log and without sound:
"Oct 5 11:41:12 iMac-de-macbill kernel [0]: Sound assertion" false == codecFound "in AppleHDADriver failed at line 1449 goto handler
Oct 5 11:41:12 iMac-de-macbill kernel [0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" in AppleHDADriver failed at line 2037 goto Exit
Oct 5 11:41:12 iMac-de-macbill kernel [0]: Sound assertion "0! CreateAudioEngines = (fPathMap_aDriverInstance)" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 207 goto Exit
Oct 5 11:41:12 iMac-de-macbill kernel [0]: Sound assertion "false == me-> completeStart ()" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 996 goto Exit "

The AppleHDA with the issues listed in your post. :banghead:

Attachments

• iMac de macbill.zip
    408.6 KB · Views: 76

macwill said:
I now have the DSDT identical to the "Y-= Nvidia_GE DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Complete", but still having the same return on kernel.log and without sound:

The AppleHDA with the issues listed in your post. :banghead:
What AppleHDA is installed native, (native patched, a download)? Why is the layout_id in HDEF of your dsdt 0C 00 00 00 instead of 79 08 00 00?

Sorry for the delay in response and I appreciate your readiness to seek solutions. Was far from a computer for a few days.
The Applehda installed is the native patched version 2.1.1. The HDEF with layout_id 0C 00 00 00 is the original DSDT. I switched to 78 08 00 00. But without sound results.

macwill said:
Sorry for the delay in response and I appreciate your readiness to seek solutions. Was far from a computer for a few days.
The Applehda installed is the native patched version 2.1.1. The HDEF with layout_id 0C 00 00 00 is the original DSDT. I switched to 78 08 00 00. But without sound results.
Looks like I made a mistake and you have a typo. It should be 79 03 00 00.

@toleda

is it possible to enable HDMI audio through VGA card, but with motherboard audio disabled ? (In case using USB sound card).
And if yes - is there need to patch some files or just DSDT edit ?

4D3K said:
@toleda

is it possible to enable HDMI audio through VGA card, but with motherboard audio disabled ? (In case using USB sound card).
And if yes - is there need to patch some files or just DSDT edit ?
No. HDMI is digital and VGA isn't.

....you misunderstood me :-D (VGA=MSI 6870 not DSUB) - I'll try to explain more accurately

I'd like to enable audio on MSI 6870 through MDP or DVI.
My sound card on motherboard is disable and I'm using some USB sound card.
If it is possilbe I'd like to avoid patching any files, so that's why the questions is if DSDT edit is enought ?

Captura de Tela 2011-10-12 às 10.49.57.png
With all the changes should appear Applehdaengines ...

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2011-10-12 às 10.49.57.png
    Captura de Tela 2011-10-12 às 10.49.57.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 149
4D3K said:
I'd like to enable audio on MSI 6870 through MDP or DVI.
My sound card on motherboard is disable and I'm using some USB sound card.
If it is possilbe I'd like to avoid patching any files, so that's why the questions is if DSDT edit is enought ?

HDMI audio on the MSI 6870 mdp is possible, however, it is not possible on DVI. For 6870 mdp:
1. Edit dsdt with AMD GE=Y HDMI audio edits and add HDEF.
2. Determine ATI6000Controller framebuffer HDMI sense_id and edit if required.
3. No edits needed in AppleHDA.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back