Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 2: DSDT Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demystifying HDMI Audio Part 2: DSDT Edits

I started posting on my old HDMI post but realized this is the more apt place to post

I went through the step by step of editing my DSDT and AppleHDA.kext (v 10.6.2) as noted (or so I think). When I rebooted, it gets caught up on the apple logo screen. I tried booting -x, but same thing happens. When I boot verbose, it gets caught up at the "[ PCI configuration begin ] which makes me thing I screwed up the DSDT edit.

Its a GT240

Anyway, I'm at a bit of a loss here

Thanks

With the new AppleHDA.kext_ALC889_10.7.1_v2 I have HDAU, but appears that in my kernel.log:
"Oct 3 19:53:21 localhost kernel [0]: Sound assertion" "hda-gfx property Indicates support expected but vendor & product ID are not known to driver \ n" "failed in AppleHDAController at line 713 goto handler"

Attached my new IOreg.
Thank you for your attention.

Attachments

• iMac de macbill_3.zip
    460.8 KB · Views: 75

macwill said:
With the new AppleHDA.kext_ALC889_10.7.1_v2 I have HDAU, but appears that in my kernel.log:
"Oct 3 19:53:21 localhost kernel [0]: Sound assertion" "hda-gfx property Indicates support expected but vendor & product ID are not known to driver \ n" "failed in AppleHDAController at line 713 goto handler"

Attached my new IOreg.
Thank you for your attention.
The connector-type injection is missing from you dsdt.
The edits for your graphics card are missing in AppleHDA.kext. Use the edits from my earlier post. The error means you have hda-gfx (HDMI audio code) in your dsdt but AppleHDA does not have the device_ids it needs.

Following your tutorial I need AppleHDA version 1.9.9, where can I get it? I have looked in all the "combo" 10.6.7, 10.6.6 and 10.6.5 and have not found.
I found the version 1.9.9f12 but it does not contain the binaries.

macwill said:
Following your tutorial I need AppleHDA version 1.9.9, where can I get it? I have looked in all the "combo" 10.6.7, 10.6.6 and 10.6.5 and have not found.
I found the version 1.9.9f12 but it does not contain the binaries.
Sorry, the current guides are for 10.6.7. However, use AppleHDA.kext_v2.1.1. for Lion with the edits described in my earlier post. Beside the new kext for Lion, the only other change is the number of edits in AppleHDAController, now 4 rather than 2 previously. The Lion guides will be available soon.

pan said:
I started posting on my old HDMI post but realized this is the more apt place to post

I went through the step by step of editing my DSDT and AppleHDA.kext (v 10.6.2) as noted (or so I think). When I rebooted, it gets caught up on the apple logo screen. I tried booting -x, but same thing happens. When I boot verbose, it gets caught up at the "[ PCI configuration begin ] which makes me thing I screwed up the DSDT edit.

Its a GT240

Anyway, I'm at a bit of a loss here

Thanks
What version of Mac OS X have you installed? What version is your AppleHDA (v.1.?.?)?

Captura de Tela 2011-10-05 às 01.45.51.pngCaptura de Tela 2011-10-05 às 01.40.31.pngCaptura de Tela 2011-10-05 às 01.44.30.png

This is the result of AppleHDA v.2.1.1 patch. I have no sound yet.
I'm sending my edited files.
Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2011-10-05 às 01.44.30.png
    Captura de Tela 2011-10-05 às 01.44.30.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Captura de Tela 2011-10-05 às 01.40.31.png
    Captura de Tela 2011-10-05 às 01.40.31.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Captura de Tela 2011-10-05 às 01.45.51.png
    Captura de Tela 2011-10-05 às 01.45.51.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 165
  • MacBill_Arquivar.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 64

Its the AppleHDA rollback (10.6.2 in multibeast) that I edited on 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

Part of me thinks it may be easiest to start from scratch again since I cant really get into the system at all

Another quick note -- When everything was up and running, except for HDMI Audio, my video card was an unrecognized nvidia card in system profiler--every other part of that profile was correct (detected the TV, showed HDMI out, etc), just the name was incorrect, until I did GraphicsEnabler=yes. It then detected the card as a GT240, but the video was very very choppy, plus we're supposed to turn all graphics enablers off.

I'm going to try to start from scratch tonight, update only to 10.6.7 and see what happens from there -- unless you think theres a more logical option

Thanks for all of your help

macwill said:

This is the result of AppleHDA v.2.1.1 patch. I have no sound yet.
I'm sending my edited files.
Thank you for your help.

Your dsdt is not correct. GFX0 is incomplete for Nvidia graphics card; see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22032 - additional dsdt edits, use GE=Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back