Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 2: DSDT Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demystifying HDMI Audio Part 2: DSDT Edits

problem problem and problem :(

i made the dsdt edits and installed apple hda with aty inti kext audio shows up and works intermittenly pls help thx

vancityex said:
i made the dsdt edits and installed apple hda with aty inti kext audio shows up and works intermittenly pls help thx

Are asking about a skipping in HDMI audio? If so, I see it in 10.6.8 and 10.7. I don't know what is causing this. 10.6.7 does not have the problem.

Hey there,

I see HDAU and GFX0 with the hda-gfx onboard in Lion!
Still I have no HDMI Audio in Sound Preferences... I recently upgraded to Lion and that broke HDMI Audio for me.
I even had it working in 10.6.8 but now with the same DSDT I dont get audio anymore. I suspect my AppleHDA to be the problem. But with the one from 10.6.7 which worked in 10.6.8 it doesnt work in Lion.

Right now I'm using an AppleHDA that Mald0n posted. I see all the internal sound devices. I'm runnign out of ideas what to try to make it work... Do you have any idea?

ukKd9.png

NPTry.png

Hey Guys,

I'm new here, but I've done the DSDT edits and have HDMI audio successfully working on an ATI Radeon 4550 512MB out of the box using stock 10.6.8 ATI kexts and AppleHDA.kext. The reason I'm posting though is I'd like to get this working on my working 4870x2, which uses stock Framebuffer and netkas's QE/CI for exotic patch. The problem I have is getting the HDAU assigned to the proper device. Here is where it goes now:
IOReg.png

P0P1 is referring to the 4550 and P0P2 is referring to the 4870x2. Here is my current DSDT edits:
Code:
            Device (P0P1)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x000B0000)
                Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                {
                    0x09, 
                    0x05
                })
                Device (GFX0)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    Name (_SUN, One)
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x02)
                            {
                                "hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }

Device (HDAU)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x02)
                            {
                                "hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }
            }

Device (P0P2)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
                Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                {
                    0x09, 
                    0x05
                })
                Device (GFX1)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x02)
                            {
                                "hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }

Device (HDAU)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)
                    Name (_SUN, 0x04)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x02)
                            {
                                "hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }
            }

I'm trying to get HDAU to be under pci-bridge@4, which is where the working single core of the 4870x2 is and where the HDMI audio device is located (pci1002,aa30@0,1). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mrchrister said:
Hey there,

I see HDAU and GFX0 with the hda-gfx onboard in Lion!
Still I have no HDMI Audio in Sound Preferences... I recently upgraded to Lion and that broke HDMI Audio for me.
I even had it working in 10.6.8 but now with the same DSDT I dont get audio anymore. I suspect my AppleHDA to be the problem. But with the one from 10.6.7 which worked in 10.6.8 it doesnt work in Lion.

Right now I'm using an AppleHDA that Mald0n posted. I see all the internal sound devices. I'm runnign out of ideas what to try to make it work... Do you have any idea?

I am not familiar with Mald0n's AppleHDA. If you attach it, I can look at it. In 10.7, it appears on board audio (HDEF) must be working for HDMI audio to work (this is different than 10.6). As you have on board working, the version of AppleHDA may matter for HDMI audio in 10.7 for you.

blackknight said:
Hey Guys,

I'm new here, but I've done the DSDT edits and have HDMI audio successfully working on an ATI Radeon 4550 512MB out of the box using stock 10.6.8 ATI kexts and AppleHDA.kext. The reason I'm posting though is I'd like to get this working on my working 4870x2, which uses stock Framebuffer and netkas's QE/CI for exotic patch. The problem I have is getting the HDAU assigned to the proper device. Here is where it goes

I'm trying to get HDAU to be under pci-bridge@4, which is where the working single core of the 4870x2 is and where the HDMI audio device is located (pci1002,aa30@0,1). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is new to me. A couple of thoughts. HDAU is associated with GFX0 or GFX1 not pci-bridge. Do you have HDMI audio working on the 4870x2? If not, that is the next step. If yes, and you want to use GFX1 for your HDMI audio, one suggestion is delete HDAU under GFX0. If you want both working, that's pretty complicated.

toleda said:
blackknight said:
Hey Guys,

I'm new here, but I've done the DSDT edits and have HDMI audio successfully working on an ATI Radeon 4550 512MB out of the box using stock 10.6.8 ATI kexts and AppleHDA.kext. The reason I'm posting though is I'd like to get this working on my working 4870x2, which uses stock Framebuffer and netkas's QE/CI for exotic patch. The problem I have is getting the HDAU assigned to the proper device. Here is where it goes

This is new to me. A couple of thoughts. HDAU is associated with GFX0 or GFX1 not pci-bridge. Do you have HDMI audio working on the 4870x2? If not, that is the next step. If yes, and you want to use GFX1 for your HDMI audio, one suggestion is delete HDAU under GFX0. If you want both working, that's pretty complicated.

GFX0 is the 4550 and HDAU is working just fine on it. GFX1 is the 4870x2 and is the one I want to get it working on. The results are the same whether the 4550 is installed or not. HDAU under GFX1 needs to go one step further because there is an additional pci bridge on the 4870x2 that splits the two GPUs onboard. You'll notice that the pci1002,aa30 device is listed under pci-bridge@4 and not under GFX1 like you would expect. I don't know enough about creating custom DSDT entries (I can follow directions though and have a properly detected onboard ALC885) to figure out how to make HDAU connect to pci-bridge@4.

Thanks for the info toleda. If you would take a look at the AppleHDA that would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• applehda_maldon.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back