Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've just tried my first install (about 10 times so far), first with iBoot, then iBoot Legacy on the following hardware:
Intel i3 2120 Sandybridge Processor @ 3.3ghz 3mb L2 Socket 1155
Asus P8H61-M/LE USB3 Motherboard
Asus GTX 550Ti graphics
500gb WD Blue SATA HDD
Sony SATA DVD Burner
4gb Corsair XMS3 RAM on 1 DIMM (2nd removed for the install)​

Initially I got a page and a half of "EBoS Read error: Error 0x01" and then a multilingual "Reboot" message. I tried PCIRootUID=1, and got nowhere until I used iBoot Legacy 2.7.2. Now I'm getting further, but instead I'm getting page after page off these EBIOS errors, with differing block numbers, but always sector 0. This goes on for a considerable time - maybe 15 minutes, and finally ends in the grey Apple screen with a Kernel Panic overlaid with a black backgroudn behind the text. It gives me the system uptime in nano-seconds and refuses to do anything after that.

I haven't got a Mac to test my install disc on to see if it's corrupt, but it seems unable to write any files to my HDD, and can't find an ACPI file for my motherboard.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated :)

Attachments

• ihac-screengrab.jpg
    ihac-screengrab.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 156
I've just tried my first install (about 10 times so far), first with iBoot, then iBoot Legacy on the following hardware:
Intel i3 2120 Sandybridge Processor @ 3.3ghz 3mb L2 Socket 1155
Asus P8H61-M/LE USB3 Motherboard
Asus GTX 550Ti graphics
500gb WD Blue SATA HDD
Sony SATA DVD Burner
4gb Corsair XMS3 RAM on 1 DIMM (2nd removed for the install)​

Initially I got a page and a half of "EBoS Read error: Error 0x01" and then a multilingual "Reboot" message. I tried PCIRootUID=1, and got nowhere until I used iBoot Legacy 2.7.2. Now I'm getting further, but instead I'm getting page after page off these EBIOS errors, with differing block numbers, but always sector 0. This goes on for a considerable time - maybe 15 minutes, and finally ends in the grey Apple screen with a Kernel Panic overlaid with a black backgroudn behind the text. It gives me the system uptime in nano-seconds and refuses to do anything after that.

I haven't got a Mac to test my install disc on to see if it's corrupt, but it seems unable to write any files to my HDD, and can't find an ACPI file for my motherboard.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated :)

Wiffleplop

the Elephant in the room is that video card - no support w the OSX 10.6 for that GFX card -

ALso some one attempted to use this MB in the old site -
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23932
some information their -
do you know what the bios is for this motherboard - version Are you at the latest and greatest.

Also so this link - http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=47687&start=60
Appears to work but only w a modifyied BIOS - its reported that their are some modded ASUS BIOS around - use google -

Or this link but the CPU is different
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=53351
lots of infor in this link - also links to modded bios for thie MB

But you realy need to see about a differnet GFX card.

EVGA GTX250 are popular w this MB.

If you do get past the Apple welcome screen then you should follow a modified install process which is used for all of the sandy bridge cpus ( not ivy)

Also you may need to use some start up switchs as listed in the iBoot + MultiBeast web page use for the standard 10.6 OSX installs. Use for all Intel sandy or ivy bridge motherboards as startup.
PCIRootUID=0

Along with -v -f

-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to due a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT
DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.
------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back