Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard 10.6 installed problem with boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

this is my first hackintosh,

Specs:
MB = P8Z 68-V LE
CPU = Intel I7 2700K Sandy Bridge
RAM = G.Skill Ripjawz DDR3 2133Mhz 8gb
GPU = Nvidia GTX 550TI DDR5

1) I have installed Snow leopard successfully on my computer. However i have to use IBoot and the command PCIRootUID=1 -x to load the os. Also it wont boot if i have more than 4GB ram in.

P.s I have no idea what PCIRootUId=1 -x does i guess its something to do with my graphics card :crazy:

2) I dont know how i can get any files like kexthelper or multibeast onto my mac as the ethernet port isnt working. I have tried making them into ISO's but it doesnt come up and isnt able to mount the drives. (i have tried turning the .Zip into an ISO with no success)

Both of these problems are the issues i have at the minute and if anyone has any info or knows how i can fix them please help! :angel:

Get a flashdrive.download from another computer then transfer.

Thanks for the reply but i dont have another mac to put the files on the flash drive

Purchased Retail Software Installation Methods Only.
No Discussions About or Links To Pirated Software.

faq.php

jester969 said:
Purchased Retail Software Installation Methods Only.
No Discussions About or Links To Pirated Software.

faq.php

Just re-installed using retail software and getting the same issues... anyone help?

lovett10 said:
Thanks for the reply but i dont have another mac to put the files on the flash drive

Well it doesn't mean you can't use windows to download and transfer.You don't need to run them on your PC,Just download put them on your flash drive.you don't need mac to do that.

jabirbin said:
lovett10 said:

Well it doesn't mean you can't use windows to download and transfer.You don't need to run them on your PC,Just download put them on your flash drive.you don't need mac to do that.

Hey, thanks for the help,

I tried what you said but the mac doesnt recongnize the flash drive. It only comes up
in Utilities, but is greyed out... please help

Update: to those who want to know i found software for my windows partition to be able to see and edit my mac partition its called MacDrive...

I still have the problem with PCIRootUID=1 -x and only being able to boot with 4GB ram

lovett10 said:
Hey, thanks for the help,

I tried what you said but the mac doesnt recongnize the flash drive. It only comes up
in Utilities, but is greyed out... please help

format it in FAT file system.exFAT to be exact.

Hi, I have a P8z68-VLE with 8 gigabyte and of ram a Asus EN210 512 mb video card and I have been struggling quite a bit but I used a combination I downloaded the reggae boot disk used MultiBeast 3.10.1,RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg and the P8P67SATAControllers.kext

You first boot with the reggae boot disk and install os.x Snow Leopard,
Now I installed the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg
then reboot with the reggae boot disk and run the install helper
Now reboot with the reggae boot disk again and run Mulibeast with the following settings
see screen shots

Attachments

• Screen shot 1.png
    Screen shot 1.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 239
  • Screen shot 2.png
    Screen shot 2.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 241
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back