GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the GTX 680 can work in Snow Leopard. I know it works in Mountain Lion, but my work runs 10.6.8 and I'd like to stay at the same version to make sure there's no compatibility issues.

The rest of my build:

Asus Sabertooth x79
Intel 3930k
32 GB DD3 1600 Ram
GTX 680

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the GTX 680 can work in Snow Leopard. I know it works in Mountain Lion, but my work runs 10.6.8 and I'd like to stay at the same version to make sure there's no compatibility issues.

The rest of my build:

Asus Sabertooth x79
Intel 3930k
32 GB DD3 1600 Ram
GTX 680

No, Snow Leopard does not have the necessary drivers for the GTX680. Even if you can run Snow Leopard with this card I bet you won't be able to change display resolutions and software that requires graphics will not be able to work.

If you really have to run Snow Leopard you need to consider a system like the one I have - a Sandy Bridge CPU, a 6 series motherboard (H61/H67/P67/Z68) and a video card still supported by Snow Leopard.

I have the exact same build except I have gigabyte GeForce gtx 670 does the same apply to me will I need mountain lion instead of snow leopard???

I have the exact same build except I have gigabyte GeForce gtx 670 does the same apply to me will I need mountain lion instead of snow leopard???

Yes, the same applies to you, you need Mountain Lion for your GTX670 to work fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back