Onboard Intel HD Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I am looking for a 10.6.8 standalone Installation Disc.

As Sandy Bridge Processors are only supported from 10.6.8 on, i obviously didn't had any luck with my 10.6.3 Installation Disc.

The Installation just never gets any further than the Apple Logo you see at the very beginning after switching the Discs (iBoot goes out and Mac Inst. Disc goes in)

and yes, Bios is set to ACHI :D

After switching discs I have tried the options:

PCIRootUID=1 -x , -x, -s and -v [ENTER]

but nothing happens. I just see the apple logo and even the processor led on the chassis stops blinking after 2 minutes.

The apple logo just goes away after a reboot.

So the only option left was to give up. I had to accept the fact that 10.6.3 is not gonna work with Sandy Bridge Processor.

So guys is there a way to get/make a COMPLETE 10.6.8 Installation Disc?? No Update Packages or something similar.

I need a Disc that gives me a complete 10.6.8 installation without any other Steps or Updates.

My Hardware Configuration:

Intel Core i7 2600 >> Processor
Asus P8H67-M PRO >> Motherboard
4 GB of RAM >> DDR3
3 Hard Drives >> SATA

I just left the one HDD connected, i wanted to install Mac OS on.

On this one HDD i have 2 Partitions:

One primary Partition with Windows7 on it
then i have 50 GB of unallocated non-formatted space
and then i have a logical partition (extended) > 225 GB (NTFS)

No Video Card as i have integrated HDMI DVI and VGA on my Board and my processor is compatible with it.

So i have my monitor connected via onboard HDMI

And i don't have any other cards. No PCI, no nothing. The slots are all empty.

I hope you guys can help me out.

Thank you very much for reading :wave:

So when you insert the Install disc it gets stuck at the apple logo, right? What version of iBoot are you using? try using the latest one (that has the 10.8.0 kernell) and it should work fine. I have the same MB as you have but I have a graphics card. the only way I can get to the installation menu from the SL disc is using the PCIRootUID=1 line at the iboot menu.
By the way, you should have that HD formatted in GUID (GPT) partition scheme or you wont be able to install SL on it. Best bet is to use a separate HD, so you wont need to mess the other OS (Windows 7) you got there

Hope this helps :thumbup:

I've got a Foxconn barebone (R50-H1) with H67S motherboard, and this has got me booting into the retail installer. Thanks!

And after the install the same line gets the install to boot from the hard drive using the iBoot disc.

Before reading your post: :banghead:

After reading your post: :headbang:

Installation on a machine with an Asus P8H67-M PRO can be very troublesome, especially because there's no DSDT right now (sorry, I haven't got the skills to create one...).

Please note the suggestions in the reply above:
- HD should be formatted in GUID (GPT) partition scheme or you wont be able to install SL on it.
- Use a separate HD.
- Use a discrete graphics card.

Actually I've got two of these motherboards and installation was very difficult and took a lot of trial and error. A partial repost of an earlier reply at this forum:
I had much trouble installing OSX due to this board, my older graphics cards and retail 10.6.0 DVD. I used an custom ('Andy Boot') version. Furthermore just use the usual stuff and manuals available on this site and others:
- Multibeast 3.8
- lnx2mac (I couldn't get the LAN working using Multibeast)
- http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index ... 0.6.8#Asus for installation notes.
Everything is working perfectly now with 10.6.8, except sleep. It seems that CPU/Mobo wake up, but my graphics doesn't. I'm working on that to get that clear.
After a regular update I needed to run Multibeast to restore the audio.

By cloning my partition with Parted Magic (CloneZilla) I was able to improve my installation step-by-step. Having a bootable and working OSX partition in reserve is a great help while debugging.

Hi,

Thank you for the answers.

I don't have a spare HDD or a Graphics Card =(

I figured out that i really was using an older version of iBoot so i downloaded the newest iBoot with SandyBridge support.

CD-Boot, Switching discs, booting with PCIRootUID=1 -v

and at the very end it just prompted "still waiting for root device"

I checked the jumper and IDE Slots. The Drive i was using was Primary Master and connected to the only IDE Slot on MB

I disconnected the Primary Slave and the HDD was on the first SATA Port on MB.
BIOS Settings were perfect.

Booted again but got the same error again.

I don't think i will ever be able to get the leopard to roar on my Build but still thank you for your help =)

Couple things come to mind.

You mention using an IDE optical drive. Thats more than likely your problem. Mac's haven't used IDE drives in quite a long time and support for them is wishy-washy at best. Replace it with a SATA optical drive, preference being a Sony Optiarc.

Also, make sure both the SATA HD and optical drive are plugged into the blue SATA ports on your motherboard and not the white ones. Those white Sata III ports are troublesome for our uses. Stick with the Sata II ports for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back