Graphics
GeF210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I read that you cannot run SL on 3rd gen (Ivy Bridge) Processors. Got it! I understand that we're waiting on ML for general release support of HD4000, and that's holding up the Customac 2012 list.

But can you run something like an i5 2500k with a Z77 or H77 motherboard with Snow Leopard, provided your graphics, HD, etc. are compatible? Did a few searches and could find no posts with SL builds using Z77 or H77 motherboards. I'd be fine with installing on Z68 and moving the HD over and running the DSDT for the 7 series. Not hoping to run any Thunderbolt pieces, just want to be a little more up to date.

Lion doesn't work with some of my software, and I doubt ML is going to be more compatible with old software. I'd rather just not change the OS I already have, use and like, but still allow upgrading if need be in the future.

Snow Leopard with Z77 motherboard

Can one install 10.6 on a Z77 motherboard (provided the CPU, graphics, etc will work with 10.6)?

Haven't seen posts of anyone doing this, but perhaps someone out there knows.

Not interested in 10.7 or ML. Need the 10.6.x

SL install

In brief, probably yes.

Am running SL 10.6.7 on GA Z77, i7 2600 and radeon 5770 graphics.

Installed using iBoot Legacy then followed Tonymacx86 guide.

No wi-fi (my TL-WDN4800 works out of the box on Lion but not SL) and from choice I am using usb sound.

Good luck

i didi it!!
i will make a post of the fully method when i get all to work!

i make a z77 ud5h + amd hd 6670 + i5 2500k

my method
i boot in a external drive with iboot (for booting i have to put PCIRootUID=0 ), there i have a disk that is in 10.6.8, but never initalizated.
with CCC i copy that disk to my hard drive of the build.
then i boot with iboot from my internal drive. multibeast with no dsdt, and all works except the audio, i´m working with that!
with voodoo it works, but i want fully funtional!

sorry for my english!

i didi it!!
i will make a post of the fully method when i get all to work!

i make a z77 ud5h + amd hd 6670 + i5 2500k

my method
i boot in a external drive with iboot (for booting i have to put PCIRootUID=0 ), there i have a disk that is in 10.6.8, but never initalizated.
with CCC i copy that disk to my hard drive of the build.
then i boot with iboot from my internal drive. multibeast with no dsdt, and all works except the audio, i´m working with that!
with voodoo it works, but i want fully funtional!

sorry for my english!

Search the forum or audio section for audio on the ud5h. Posts have already been answered for it.

Yeah, that audio chip isn't in Snow Leopard's build of MultiBeast

Yeah, that audio chip isn't in Snow Leopard's build of MultiBeast

You are right I overlooked that part. I wonder if you can use audio kexts with KextBeast? osx86.net?

You are right I overlooked that part. I wonder if you can use audio kexts with KextBeast? osx86.net?

I would assume so, but I don't know because I don't have that chip.

i would give it a try and i will tell about

i try but with no luck!

i will try directly with multibeast for lion and select that kext, lets se!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back