Contribute
Register

SMBIOS? black screen after initial load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z170e
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
780ti
motherboard: z170e
cpu: i5-6600k
GPU: gtx 780

I have already booted without the graphics card and everything worked fine (with a few hickups). Next I installed the graphics drivers from Nvidia, restarted, then shut down and attached the gtx780 to the motherboard.

Now it boots and loads with the apple logo but then goes black. I researched and the smbios seemed to need to be changed? I found it in the clover options and tried a couple but I don't know if i have done it right. and it has done the same thing as before.

Do I just erase the Product Name and the Board Version and replace it with an appropriate name? is there more to it? And what is the best version name for my config?

Also I tried enabling Use Nvidia WEB(nvda_drv=1). It didn't help, only made the monitor not recognize anything was plugged in after the initial apple boot screen.

Use iMac14,2, it'll work without further patches. You can easily change it with Clover Configurator.
That is what it already is configured as - iMac14,2. I have read the solution is to change this. Can I change this in the options menu when booting with clover? since I can not get past the load screen.

I enabled nv_disable=1, and tried many different options in the GPU options such as inject/invidia being disabled and enabled.

I'm going to take put my graphics card and try to get in to change things like maybe the drivers? any suggestions?

Just to be clear nv_disable=1 should always be checked as well as enable web drivers? (when trying to get in with graphics card)

Also I forgot to mention I unplugged the monitor and plugged it back in a few times. one of the times it showed the cursor on a black screen but immediately disappeared when I tried to move it... wierd.

well without the graphics card it wont even get past the loading screen. I feel like I should just restart and reinstall everything...

Last edited:
OK! It works. So I reinstalled Sierra only this time with the graphics card in and attached to the display port and it actually worked.

I am however concerned about what I should do now? In about this mac it says graphics are chip model 33mb.
Now there are no glitch looking graphics within application windows like there was before and everything seems to be running smoothly.

What would you recommend me doing now?

Thanks by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back