CPU
i5 750
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So after my previous topic about the GTX 260 and laggy/choppy animations, bringing no real solution, I reinstalled everything again. Almost everything is working great again, except for the UI animations, which are.. weird.

1. Installed 10.6.6
2. Installed Multibeast (set everything via tony's own settings for the P55M-UD2 motherboard) + DSDT via the database (latest F11 bios)
3. Installed tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update.
4. Rebooted
5. Exposé and Spaces animations are only slow the first (and sometimes second) time opening them. After this, it's just all perfectly running. When I open a few other apps and move things around in finder/chatting/browsing, then re-enabling spaces/exposé, first animations are laggy.

Weird.. did i forgot something? GraphicsEnabler=yes? Do I need to edit AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kex ?

Any help appreciated!

Or.. could it be that this is just normal? On my friend's new MacBook Pro, exposé and spaces are both really laggy but I guess that's because of the internal graphics card switching system that mainly uses the most power-efficiënt gpu.

Since I needed a GPU with DisplayPort I've decided to buy a new GPU all together. My choice fell on the Sapphire Radeon HD5770 Vapor-X 1GB PCI-E for its quietness, compatibility and speed. Hope to have more luck there :)

I'm not really sure if I should post this here but.. I received my 5770 today and wanted to reinstall my hackintosh using the generic iBoot but.. I don't seem to get past the grey apple logo. Anyone got some tips?

Well after a few hours I got it. Still don't know why I have to go to this weird procedure cuz everyone using a 5770 seems to get along very well installing OS X.

- Used iBoot (non-legacy)
- Boot parameters prior to installing OS X: -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No (maybe just ge=no works but i didn't try that)
- After install, boot using GraphicsEnabler=No again.
- Update to 10.6.6 + Multibeast (64-Bit Apple Bootscreen + Chameleon 2.0 RC5 ATi Experimental)

Everything works as fast as hell. What a relief to finally get my desktop effects working fluidly.

CASE CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back