Contribute
Register

Sluggish performance with HD4600 ( even in the desktop )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 7
CPU
i5 4690k
Graphics
MSI GTX 980 4G
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I all! :)

So, i installed a OSX 10.9 Mavericks yesterday in my desktop

( Asus Maximus VI Formula, 4770k, Samsung 840 Pro SSD and working with iGPU HD4600 ).

Everything went really well actually! Installed MultiBeast... and everything was working except Wireless/Bluetooth ... ok ... no biggy ...

The graphics are at 1920 x 1200 ... but what i find is that the performance is really slow... even on desktop, you notice the mouse cursor not so fluid ... and everything is slow ( the animations and transitions are the ones that you really notice that the graphics performance is ****ty ) .

So my question is ... is this a problem of using the HD4600 iGPU or ... it can be something else? I've used the HD4600 in Windows8 and everything is smooth and fluid ...

( The system info tells me there's a HD4600 1024Mb, so i guess everything is supposed to be working ok ).

Thank you for your time, attention and help :)

I all! :)

So, i installed a OSX 10.9 Mavericks yesterday in my desktop

( Asus Maximus VI Formula, 4770k, Samsung 840 Pro SSD and working with iGPU HD4600 ).

Everything went really well actually! Installed MultiBeast... and everything was working except Wireless/Bluetooth ... ok ... no biggy ...

The graphics are at 1920 x 1200 ... but what i find is that the performance is really slow... even on desktop, you notice the mouse cursor not so fluid ... and everything is slow ( the animations and transitions are the ones that you really notice that the graphics performance is ****ty ) .

So my question is ... is this a problem of using the HD4600 iGPU or ... it can be something else? I've used the HD4600 in Windows8 and everything is smooth and fluid ...

( The system info tells me there's a HD4600 1024Mb, so i guess everything is supposed to be working ok ).

Thank you for your time, attention and help :)

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Hi RehabMan,

later today i'll post the file here. thank you :)

Hey Rehab, so here's the
ioreg file: View attachment 83692

Is this ok?

GFX0 looks ok as far as QE/CI. But power management is not implemented correctly (NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed). And I would choose a Haswell-era smbios (eg. iMac14,2).

Looks like you're still booting from the USB...

Yes i'm still booting from the USB because i didn't have time to make that EFI boot fix ( i think that's what i need to do right? )

As for the power management and the Haswell-era smbios ... can you explain me how can i fix / correct those?

Thank you :)

Yes i'm still booting from the USB because i didn't have time to make that EFI boot fix ( i think that's what i need to do right? )

As for the power management and the Haswell-era smbios ... can you explain me how can i fix / correct those?

Thank you :)

Work on your boot problem before looking at anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back