Contribute
Register

Slow WiFi Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
You posted a link (which was removed because it contravened site rules) to a Gigabyte B365M DS3H and yet your profile states that you have a Gigabyte H370M D3H.
Ah right, I wasn't aware i provided the link for the wrong board nonetheless didn't mean to contravene site rules (apologies). But based on my profile it wasn't misleading as the board in my machine is the H370M D3H which members must've referred to.

I wrongly assumed the wtxup tx-ac94360 card was an Intel WiFi/BT card not a Broadcom 4360 card, which wasn't helped with your motherboard having the CNVI connector. I thought the ac94360 card was located in the CNVI connector. I knew the Fenvi card used a macOS compatible chip.

So to set things straight:
  • You don't have an Intel WiFi/BT card.
  • So we need to ignore all references to an Intel WiFi/BT card and any kexts for said card going forward.
  • You have tried using two Boardcom cards, the Fenvi not working as well as the wtxup tx-ac94360 card.
  • You are getting slow throughput from the Broadcom card.
So for your Broadcom card we need some further information:
  1. Do you have AirportBrcmFixup.kext installed in your OpenCore or Clover kexts folder?
  2. Have you added any other patches, kexts or fixes to your setup for the Broadcom card?
  3. If yes to the above, which patches, kexts or fixes are you using?
  4. Do you have clear unobstructed access to the aerials on the WiFi/BT card, i.e. is it located under a desk with little space around the rear of the case?
  5. Where in relation to the WiFi/BT card's aerials is your Wireless access point or router?
  6. Have you thought about using aerial extensions, so the four aerials are not located below the desk and at the rear of the case. See this guide by Jaymonkey - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ing-pcie-bt-wifi-card-in-a-tower-case.268666/
Again I apologise for the misunderstanding on which WiFi/BT card you are using.

I wrongly assumed the wtxup tx-ac94360 card was an Intel WiFi/BT card not a Broadcom 4360 card, which wasn't helped with your motherboard having the CNVI connector. I thought the ac94360 card was located in the CNVI connector. I knew the Fenvi card used a macOS compatible chip.

So to set things straight:
  • You don't have an Intel WiFi/BT card.
  • So we need to ignore all references to an Intel WiFi/BT card and any kexts for said card going forward.
  • You have tried using two Boardcom cards, the Fenvi not working as well as the wtxup tx-ac94360 card.
  • You are getting slow throughput from the Broadcom card.
So for your Broadcom card we need some further information:
  1. Do you have AirportBrcmFixup.kext installed in your OpenCore or Clover kexts folder?
  2. Have you added any other patches, kexts or fixes to your setup for the Broadcom card?
  3. If yes to the above, which patches, kexts or fixes are you using?
  4. Do you have clear unobstructed access to the aerials on the WiFi/BT card, i.e. is it located under a desk with little space around the rear of the case?
  5. Where in relation to the WiFi/BT card's aerials is your Wireless access point or router?
  6. Have you thought about using aerial extensions, so the four aerials are not located below the desk and at the rear of the case. See this guide by Jaymonkey - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ing-pcie-bt-wifi-card-in-a-tower-case.268666/
Again I apologise for the misunderstanding on which WiFi/BT card you are using.
No worries, so it seems both cards are working fine and it was just due to the location of my tower as the aerial was facing a wall, after bringing my tower out from underneath my desk I was easily receiving minimum 55-60mbps down with both cards.

However after configuring my USB Ports they worked after the first boot, after the second boot they suddenly stopped functioning (seperate issue). I've removed USBInjectAll and PLR Patches and added my USBPorts.kexts
Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 18.26.35.png

Last edited:
No worries, so it seems both cards are working fine and it was just due to the location of my tower as the aerial was facing a wall, after bringing my tower out from underneath my desk I was easily receiving minimum 55-60mbps down with both cards.

However after configuring my USB Ports they worked after the first boot, after the second boot they suddenly stopped functioning (seperate issue). I've removed USBInjectAll and PLR Patches and added my USBPorts.kexts
View attachment 525687
make sure to limit to 15 ports as per:

make sure to limit to 15 ports as per:
Ah my mistake, As I've exceeded the 15 port limit it's not functioning as intended?
Might be a stupid question how comes I can't just run my system with the PLR patches and have all ports functioning?

Ah my mistake, As I've exceeded the 15 port limit it's not functioning as intended?
Might be a stupid question how comes I can't just run my system with the PLR patches and have all ports functioning?
the guide mentions this

also more info here:

the guide mentions this

also more info here:
Thank you, this explained it quite well.

Anyways successfully configured all the ports and everything seems to be functioning.

On-topic & to summarise, the original WTXUP Card I was using works perfectly fine, however, the antennas need to be out in an open space, I'll probably put my tower back to place and purchase antenna extensions.

EDIT: 1/8/21: Ordered extension cables to extend my antennas easily pushing minimum 55mbps down

Last edited:
Thank you, this explained it quite well.

Anyways successfully configured all the ports and everything seems to be functioning.

On-topic & to summarise, the original WTXUP Card I was using works perfectly fine, however, the antennas need to be out in an open space, I'll probably put my tower back to place and purchase antenna extensions.
well done! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back