Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M D3H
CPU
I5 8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi All,

I'm currently running macOS Catalina 10.15.7, however experiencing VERY slow network speeds (2mbps down). At first I thought it was a hardware issue as after browsing some said it could be a 'fake' network card, after this I looked on Amazon for a fenvi network card, however this was even slower than my original one.
Would Appreciate any help

EDIT: Also my BT signals quite weak.

My MacBook gets around 55mbps down, as opposed to my Hackintosh getting anywhere between 2-5mbps down

Last edited:
What card are you using, how is it connected, what kexts or patches have you applied to remedy the issues?

Post a copy of your Clover or OpenCore folder so we can see what you are using. Remove the Serial number, board serial number/MLB, ROM and SystemUUID from your config.plist before you post your folder here.

What card are you using, how is it connected, what kexts or patches have you applied to remedy the issues?

Post a copy of your Clover or OpenCore folder so we can see what you are using. Remove the Serial number, board serial number/MLB, ROM and SystemUUID from your config.plist before you post your folder here.
So the two cards I've got:
wtxup tx-ac94360 (Switched back to this)
Fenvi FV-HB1200

Tested both cards which are connected internally by the USB Headers, they both have slow speeds so leads me to believe that it's a software issue.
Secondly, I've tried to use kextbeast and tried both methods (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/) however all it did was make my hackintosh boot up very slow and saw no change in network speeds.

I've attached my Clover file
Appreciate the response!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 55
The Intel WiFi/Bluetooth card requires a third-party kext and a Bluetooth firmware to work in macOS, link below takes you to the start of the guide on GitHub. I could tell immediately that you are not using the Intel third party kext, as it would increase the size of your Clover folder to at least 15MB. The BT firmware is another 10MB+.

• The itlwm.kext and Heliport app work together.
  • You should not use itlwm.kext and AirportItlwm.kext together.
I assume you have removed the Fenvi card from your system. You should also remove the AirportBrcmFixup.kext from your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder if you are no longer using the Fenvi card.

You should not have USBInjectAll.kext and USBPorts.kext in your system at the same time. You should delete the USBInjectAll.kext from your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

You should also remove the USB port Limit patches from your /CLOVER/config.plist, as you have the USBPorts.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, which I assume has been customised and created for your system.

When I tried to open your config.plist Clover Configurator says your config is corrupt on line 318, and only allows access to view the file via text mode.

You should not have the Inject Intel=true option enabled in your config.plist, this is not required when using WhateverGreen.kext.

You should not be using a Fake ID for your UHD 630 IGPU in the Devices section of your config.plist.

You are not injecting any Device > Properties for your UHD 630 IGPU, i.e. Framebuffer etc.

You can't have full acceleration of the IGPU on your system while using these settings.

I just realised you don't have any of the standard SDDT's required for running a Coffee Lake/macOS Catalina system in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

The three standard SSDT's used on a Z370 system are listed and attached below.
  • SSDT-AWAC.aml
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml
Copy them to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Attachments

• SSDT-AWAC.aml.zip
    775 bytes · Views: 44
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.zip
    928 bytes · Views: 52
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml.zip
    972 bytes · Views: 56
The Intel WiFi/Bluetooth card requires a third-party kext and a Bluetooth firmware to work in macOS, link below takes you to the start of the guide on GitHub. I could tell immediately that you are not using the Intel third party kext, as it would increase the size of your Clover folder to at least 15MB. The BT firmware is another 10MB+.

• The itlwm.kext and Heliport app work together.
  • You should not use itlwm.kext and AirportItlwm.kext together.
I assume you have removed the Fenvi card from your system. You should also remove the AirportBrcmFixup.kext from your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder if you are no longer using the Fenvi card.

You should not have USBInjectAll.kext and USBPorts.kext in your system at the same time. You should delete the USBInjectAll.kext from your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

You should also remove the USB port Limit patches from your /CLOVER/config.plist, as you have the USBPorts.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, which I assume has been customised and created for your system.

When I tried to open your config.plist Clover Configurator says your config is corrupt on line 318, and only allows access to view the file via text mode.

You should not have the Inject Intel=true option enabled in your config.plist, this is not required when using WhateverGreen.kext.

You should not be using a Fake ID for your UHD 630 IGPU in the Devices section of your config.plist.

You are not injecting any Device > Properties for your UHD 630 IGPU, i.e. Framebuffer etc.

You can't have full acceleration of the IGPU on your system while using these settings.
First of all, thank you very much for your response. I forgot to update my config.plist as I've moved from using the original UHD 630 graphics to using a graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GT710), So removed the FakeID, and Inject Intel settings from my config.plist.

I have used this machine for a while so I can't remember if my USBPorts has been patched, so will re-do them and once done I assume I remove the USBInjectAll kext and the USB Port Limit patches.

I've added the intwlm.kext and my speeds have improved to 9-10mbps. Is there anything else that can be done to improve my speed?
I just realised you don't have any of the standard SDDT's required for running a Coffee Lake/macOS Catalina system in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

• SSDT-AWAC.aml
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml
And lastly is this still required if I'm not using the onboard UHD 630 Graphics?

• SSDT-AWAC.aml
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml

I've added these patches in, not entirely sure what they do or how to know if it's patched

I've added these patches in, not entirely sure what they do or how to know if it's patched
they should get loaded automatically when placed in ACPI/Patched folder

Google the patches, you will soon find out what they do.

FYI, they have nothin to do with the IGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back