Motherboard
MSI Z77A-G45 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm using the MultiBeast kext for USB 3.0 but i'm still getting about 30MB/s when transferring data to my USB drives. My motherboard is a MSI Z77A-G45 with the Z77 chipset. I'm not exactly sure what I have to do to get faster USB 3.0 speeds. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

I'm on an older x58 system, so take this with a grain of salt. But...

I could never get USB three on the mobo to run at the advertised speeds with any kexts (mb or manual). System Profiler reports the ports as USB 3 and with the right speed-- but if I plug in a USB 3 drive it crashes to below USB 2 speeds after a couple seconds.

At least on X58, I've heard that the only way to get reliable USB 3 speeds/stability is to buy a PCI card that supports OS X. I haven't felt the need yet, but I keep thinking about doing it.

I can't say, because I never picked one up. A quick google search will reveal some folks who had success (obviously back before Yosemite was released). It's probably a safe bet the cards that worked under Mavericks will work now (they're cheap anyway), but if you want to be 100% sure you might want to wait until someone can confirm under Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back