Intel Core i7 6700k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone.

I updated to High Sierra in APFS (by following this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/) but when I start it takes around 5minute on the Apple Logo Screen before to get the desktop.

Could you help me to resolve that please?

PS: I'm currently using my internal GPU because I cannot boot on my GTX1060, after the Apple Logo Screen it stays black with the GTX1060, it only works fine with my internal GPU.

Thanks,
William

Attachments

• IMG_3440.JPG
    IMG_3440.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
  • config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
You have a bunch of patches in your config apparently from a working Sierra that may not be valid for High Sierra or the state it is currently in. You probably have the Nvidia web drivers trying to load and probably failing.

One path is to create a USB stick with clover according to the guide (but don't add the installer to it, you have already installed high Sierra), be sure to manually add your ethernet driver and apfs.efi to it assuming your drive is now apfs-formatted, boot from the usb stick, add nv_disable=1 as a boot flag, and see if you can get to the desktop. This has the effect of using a vanilla config.

If you can get to the desktop booting clover from the usb stick and high Sierra from your boot drive, then you just need to install the latest web drivers and set nvidiaweb to true on the usb stick (it's already on in your boot drive efi). Reboot. Don't set nv_disable=1 this time and see if you can load the desktop.

Probably you'll need to reinstall sound patches. At this point compare your usb config to your boot drive config. If you can still boot usb but not boot drive, some old patch in your boot drive config is causing a problem. You can backup and overwrite the boot drive config, then try readding patches one at a time.

Thanks for your reply.

I installed Clover on a USB stick by following this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/) from Step 13 then booted but still no success, it's still slow, about 5 min to get the desktop and with nv_disable=1 I have strange artifact with a spinner, I waited 10minutes but nothing.

I also tried to use a new config.plist on my boot drive but still slow.

Would it be better to do a clean install of High Sierra?

EDIT: actually it looks like it's a GPU issue as you said (see the second screenshort in verbose mode without nv_disable=1)
Now when I put nv_disable=1 I have another issue.
It loops on the message IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 (see third screenshot IMG_3447)

Attachments

• IMG_3441.jpg
    IMG_3441.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3445.jpg
    IMG_3445.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3447.jpg
    IMG_3447.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Status