EVGA GeForce 9500 GT 01G-P3-N959-TR Video Card
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys!

Well i have my entire hackintosh build up and running.. along with Windows 7 dual booted. It was all working flawlessly when out of no where everytime i boot into Mac OS X it takes FOREVER!. This usually takes around 5 mins or so and it has the toolbar on the bottom on the "loading circle" which gradually fills up. I havent had this problem before and usually it would boot up incredibly fast. I had not touched or installed anything weird since it was working fine. Any help as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ps.. forgot to mention that Windows 7 boots up very fast and it working fine!

I just opened up my Mac drive in finder and there was a bunch of gibberish files that were all empty... aswell as some weird DL files and "not terminated files" i cant remove :s

I had the same problem, only after I booted with a -v to see what it was doing, noticed it trying to repair permissions and failing. It tried about 3 times before giving up and booting anyway but the result was a slow boot. I needed to repair the disk but disk utility would not fix it. I actually rebuilt the machine for an unrelated issue anyway so never got round to fixing it but suspect a third part tool like Disk Warrior would have been needed - worth checking during a verbose boot to see what it's doing.

Just FYI for anyone else having slow startup issues and who are coming across this topic, one basic way to shorten the normal startup process that I found was to make sure 1st in the boot order is the OS Hard drive. I noticed VERY slow boots with Chimera and the DVD drive before the OS Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back