GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

I have bought a new SSD and did a full system reinstall, so I can be sure that everything is new and clear.
Everything is working and fine except one thing.
When I reboot, and my monitor goes black, it should restart immediately but it doesn't. My PC waits for a few sec and after that it reboots. Why is that? Can somebody help me? Really interesting because when I'm in windows and I do a reboot, it reboots flawlessly and doesn't wait a second. I didn't have this issue on my "old" system and I also had Yosemite version 10.10.4.

I tried to find the answer before I post a new thread but I couldn't find any helpful yet. :roll2:

I assume you did install the Nvidia Web Driver?

Hey,

I have bought a new SSD and did a full system reinstall, so I can be sure that everything is new and clear.
Everything is working and fine except one thing.
When I reboot, and my monitor goes black, it should restart immediately but it doesn't. My PC waits for a few sec and after that it reboots. Why is that? Can somebody help me? Really interesting because when I'm in windows and I do a reboot, it reboots flawlessly and doesn't wait a second. I didn't have this issue on my "old" system and I also had Yosemite version 10.10.4.

I tried to find the answer before I post a new thread but I couldn't find any helpful yet. :roll2:

Boot in verbose mode (-v) and you will see what is happening in those few seconds.

I'm using the driver yes, and attached a photo. Thanks for the help guys! :)

IMG_0001.jpg

I guess something wrong with the GPU driver? :shifty:

Disable your serial port in your BIOS and see if that makes any difference.

I made some changes in the boot.plist. I used the partition hide code and the boot time shortener...you know these simple stuff so It can't be the problem?!

I made some changes in the boot.plist. I used the partition hide code and the boot time shortener...you know these simple stuff so It can't be the problem?!

What boot time shortener are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back