Intel Core i7-4790K 8M Cache 4.40 GHz
Graphics
GeForce GTX 980Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My hackintosh work fine i mean boot in less than 10 seconds but i have one problem that make the hackintosh to look bad. when I'm trying to open disk utility i can see the window after 10 seconds i mean i can see from the moment that i click to open this but i can't do anything its kind of lag..
seconde problem is that when I'm trying to minimize windows or open it full screen its not םpens smoothly this is really bothers me.
sorry for my English i hope you'll understand me, i'll be grateful for the one who can find a solution for my problems !

It just sounds like you have slower, mechanical hard drives that need time to spool up before they are seen by disk utility to me.

yeah i don't think so because the hackintosh installed on samsung SSD 120GB... but what can you tell me about my first problem with the slow and not smoothly opening of the windows on my hackintosh?

Do you have any other hard drives in the system? It doesn't matter that the OS is installed on an SSD; Disk Utility still needs all other hard drives to come up to speed before you can use it if the other hard drives are powered down. That was your first problem.

2nd problem with windows minimizing and going full screen almost sounds like you have a video acceleration problem but that is generally exhibited with pretty much all GUI operations lagging such as scrolling. I don't have an answer for that.

Do you have any other hard drives in the system? It doesn't matter that the OS is installed on an SSD; Disk Utility still needs all other hard drives to come up to speed before you can use it if the other hard drives are powered down. That was your first problem.

2nd problem with windows minimizing and going full screen almost sounds like you have a video acceleration problem but that is generally exhibited with pretty much all GUI operations lagging such as scrolling. I don't have an answer for that.

This

Even though OSX might be installed on an SSD, and all that you are concerned with in disk utility is on that SSD, if you have ANY other hard drives in that computer weather they are actively being used or not, they are likely spun down in a power saving mode....therefore disk utility will pause, or lag as you put it, while it 'wakes' the other drives installed in the computer and spins them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back