Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
10920x
Graphics
Gigabyte Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I recently made the jump to 10.9 and in the process popped a new 770 into my desktop. Unfortunately, the 770 is performing about on par with my old 5770 on OpenGL tasks. While I’ve made some progress with the 770’s overall stability, I still can’t seem to get the GPU not to crawl while playing games.

Here is what I’ve done so far:
Changed smbios to 3,1 - no effect

Changed smbios to 5,1 - AGPM loads but fails to initialize

Add my Vendor/Device ID to AGPM.kext - AGPM seems to load (I see “[AGPM Controlled] build GPUDict by Vendor10deDevice1184” in the console when I start up as opposed to the previous AGPM errors I saw). This gets rid of the youtube/quicktime video issues described here, but in general OpenGL sluggishness remains.

At the moment I am stuck at about 59-60 fps in Cinebench (about half what other people are seeing with their 770s), running games at lower settings than I ever did with my 5770 just to get them playable, and out of ideas as to what I should try next.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem. I tried the same settings (AGPM ID's, Treshold modified and even Sensor switched to 0 which should set the GFX Card in G-State 0). SMBios switched from 3,1 to 5,1.

edit:

i changed the graphics enabler to 1, but this doesn't work... i only got a blank grey screen. PCI Root ID is 0

Anyone got an idea how to fix this performance problem ? :crazy:

You probably have to wait for 10.9.2 ...it looks like it will be loaded with updated graphics drivers
I did install 10.9.1 on a external hard drive to run some benchmarks and my GTX 760 score on a clean installed 10.9.1 is lagging behind 10.8.5

10.8.5 Score = 1424
10.9.1 Score = 1322

So I will be holding to ML until I can get some better scores...

Hi,

i have a GTX 480 and a GTX 770 4GB running in my system, according to luxmark, the GTX480 is faster.

So my scores on the same machine with a running Win7 are
2554 (both Cards together)
1351 for the GTX770
1171 for the 440

on OSX 10.9.3 its

1441 for the whole system,
680 for the 770
and around ~700 for the 480.

This is terrible!

Does anyone knows how to fix that huge Problem?!

Thanks a lot!!!

Pcace

just to let you know I'm having the same issue on a gtx 670 and have a thread open for it here as well. some other people have mentioned having the same issue. sorry to hear you're having this problem but it looks like you're not alone at least :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back