Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I am biulding a system for a friend of mine. I have built a few hackintoshes but on this one I am running into some problems that I have never had before.

I am running
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH Motherboard
- Intel Core i7 4790K w/ water cooling
- Gigabyte GTX 750ti Windforce
- 32GB of 1600MHz Corsair RAM
- Samsoung 500GB 850 EVO SSD
- 1TB Westerndigital Red HDD
- LG Blueray Drive
- Generic Bluetooth Adapter
- TP Link WiFi Card

I am have been having problems with the GTX 750ti drivers but I have read a few posts that have told me to install the OS using the Intel Graphics then install the GTX web drivers and that for the most part has fixed that problem.
I have also been having stupidly long boot times with the Samsung SSD that usually get to about 2min and I have no clue why this is happening.
I have also been having apps the require a lot of horse power (like final cut pro, Photo shop, etc..) freeze after they load and I usually have to force quit them. When this happens the OS dose not seam to be affected.

I am currently reinstalling the OS for the 3ed time following this guid http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ng-gt-i7-4790k-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-sc.html. If someone could share some in site on why this is happening to me that would be amazing. Thanks in advance!

[Update]

Just Reinstalled the OS and the boot times are still Long.

Hi, I am biulding a system for a friend of mine. I have built a few hackintoshes but on this one I am running into some problems that I have never had before.

I am running
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH Motherboard
- Intel Core i7 4790K w/ water cooling
- Gigabyte GTX 750ti Windforce
- 32GB of 1600MHz Corsair RAM
- Samsoung 500GB 850 EVO SSD
- 1TB Westerndigital Red HDD
- LG Blueray Drive
- Generic Bluetooth Adapter
- TP Link WiFi Card

I am have been having problems with the GTX 750ti drivers but I have read a few posts that have told me to install the OS using the Intel Graphics then install the GTX web drivers and that for the most part has fixed that problem.
I have also been having stupidly long boot times with the Samsung SSD that usually get to about 2min and I have no clue why this is happening.
I have also been having apps the require a lot of horse power (like final cut pro, Photo shop, etc..) freeze after they load and I usually have to force quit them. When this happens the OS dose not seam to be affected.

I am currently reinstalling the OS for the 3ed time following this guid http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ng-gt-i7-4790k-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-sc.html. If someone could share some in site on why this is happening to me that would be amazing. Thanks in advance!

[Update]

Just Reinstalled the OS and the boot times are still Long.

Is the TRIMM support enabled for SSD??

TRIM is enabled for the SSD and the BIOS has been updated to F5. I will try your recommendations now.

Which boot loader you are using?? Chimera(MultiBeast) or CLOVER ??

Have you tried to boot without caches?

[UPDATE]

I followed the guide for fixing boot times on thunderbolt motherboards and that has fixed the slow boot problem. I also ran tests with Final Cut and the system now seams to be stable when running applications.

That being said I rebooted the system and when I do a normal boot it results with a kernel panic, however this dose not happen when I boot in varboose. Is there a way to find out what is causing the kernel panic and how would I fix it.

[UPDATE]

I followed the guide for fixing boot times on thunderbolt motherboards and that has fixed the slow boot problem. I also ran tests with Final Cut and the system now seams to be stable when running applications.

That being said I rebooted the system and when I do a normal boot it results with a kernel panic, however this dose not happen when I boot in varboose. Is there a way to find out what is causing the kernel panic and how would I fix it.

What is the panic?? Post a photo of the screen.

I have a really similar system. For fixing the slow boot I used this method: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/128748-fix-slow-boot-thunderbolt-2-0-motherboards.html and it worked perfectly.
And for the freezes, first I disabled C and P States, from BIOS setup, and after that I had a lot less freezes. But the thing that make them disappear was updating the BIOS from F4 to F5.
Check those things, and tell if its better.

Went back into final cut to do some harder editing and the freezes are back. How do I "disable c and p States in my BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back