Graphics
Geforce GT640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey there guys. I just built my first hackintosh a couple of weeks ago and I am loving it!

The only thing that I noticed is that my internet connection is really slow. I can't play a youtube video without it stopping every couple of seconds. I also ran a speedtest and I am getting speeds of 0.74mbps to 1.25 mbps.

I also ran the test on an old iMac I have using the same Internet connection and I was getting speeds of 6mbps.

I am using the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.

Any thoughts on this? Please help!

Thanks.

I tried connecting my hack straight to the modem ( as opposed to my wireless router, how I had first) and the speed went up significantly to 3.5 mbps.

I then went back to how I had it, ethernet cable out from wireless router to hack, and the speed went below 1 mbps.

Any thoughts?

Update.

I found out that the problem with my internet connection speed was my wireless router. I reseted the router and now hack's internet connection is up and running at 4mbps! (My DSL provider gives me a speed up to 6mbps)

hi I test the speed of my internet in many sites I got the best and accurate speed results from this site http://www.scanmyspeed.com/
my results are
download=1.04kbps
upload=0.77kbps
I dont know the reason why my speed seems to be slow many of them said that if Cable Internet services share bandwidth with satellite Internet access.
If there are many subscribers using that same bandwidth, it can slow down the connection.
kindly guide me how to solve this problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back