Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im wondering if my bootup is slower than it is supposed to be. First off, once I get to the apple boot screen, it takes about 6-8 spins of the loading wheel to get into OSX. Normal?
Also, im only getting 8400 on geekbench 32bit.

Thanks

dlauth,
You should be around 8700~8750 with your rig...

Check out your BIOS settings, and compare with mine here: viewtopic.php?p=13521#p13521 (and subsequent posts)

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

speaking of bootup wheel spins you get 6-8 spins? sounds pretty fast to me SSDs get only a few less than this. i get around 14 and sometimes over 20 with a Seagate 7200.12 and this seems quite slow to me. anyone getting around the same? anyway to make it faster?

rich said:
speaking of bootup wheel spins you get 6-8 spins? sounds pretty fast to me SSDs get only a few less than this. i get around 14 and sometimes over 20 with a Seagate 7200.12 and this seems quite slow to me. anyone getting around the same? anyway to make it faster?

Also around 14 spins with an old WD 74GB 10,000rpm Raptor here.

I changed all my settings to yours. My mem is now running at 1600 and im getting a GB score of 8600. I think I may need a new heatsink and fan before OCing as my idle temps are around 50c.

Dlauth said:
I changed all my settings to yours. My mem is now running at 1600 and im getting a GB score of 8600. I think I may need a new heatsink and fan before OCing as my idle temps are around 50c.
Dlauth,
50C is really high for idle temps...
Which heatsink are you using ?
Is it properly installed ?
Could be too much Thermal compound...

It's the stock fan and sink. Is there a wrong way to orient it, because right Now the intel sticker is upside-down to help with the cable management.

Dlauth said:
It's the stock fan and sink.
Even for the stock heatsink, 50C on idle is way too high... What's your room temp ?

Is there a wrong way to orient it, because right Now the intel sticker is upside-down to help with the cable management.
No. This is not an issue... The fan is symmetrical...
I'd check thermal compound thickness (did you add to the pre-applied one ?) and that the plastic pushpins are properly tightened.

I found this page with images of how the pins should look when properly installed.
http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx ... 602&pgno=3

Lnx2Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back