Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X UD5
CPU
I7 7700K
Graphics
Zotac GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
I really get confused now... Need some help..

I got the same situation just like many high sierra users in the forum. The system boots up and waits at the Legacy shim 2 before. I tried to find if I have Trim enabler in my system, and the only thing I found is AppleAHCIPort patch for the external icons patch.

I also tried to put down the new UUID from the system report. But the new problem appears (shown in the IMG_1949.jpg). It's shown as fusion_wbc_thread_shutdown but I am not sure if I still has the Trim problem.

I put down the info of my /L/E and config.plist. Note: I have searched the /S/L/E and EFI's kext as well. But most of my kext is in the config and /L/E.

Thanks, guys!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1494.JPG
    IMG_1494.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 117
  • Jietu20170928-175406.jpg
    Jietu20170928-175406.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 137
  • config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 209
Furthermore, I am using Samsung NVME 960 EVO and I got my audio, USB C and almost everything working, except the annoying booting time.

I really get confused now... Need some help..

I got the same situation just like many high sierra users in the forum. The system boots up and waits at the Legacy shim 2 before. I tried to find if I have Trim enabler in my system, and the only thing I found is AppleAHCIPort patch for the external icons patch.

I also tried to put down the new UUID from the system report. But the new problem appears (shown in the IMG_1949.jpg). It's shown as fusion_wbc_thread_shutdown but I am not sure if I still has the Trim problem.

I put down the info of my /L/E and config.plist. Note: I have searched the /S/L/E and EFI's kext as well. But most of my kext is in the config and /L/E.

Thanks, guys!!!

Did you install APFS?
If so, try HFS+J install.

Did you install APFS?
If so, try HFS+J install.
Thanks for the reply, Rehabman.
Yeah, I install with APFS. But does the APFS to HFS conversion works perfectly? I am kind of worried about losing data or a fresh install..

Thanks for the reply, Rehabman.
Yeah, I install with APFS. But does the APFS to HFS conversion works perfectly? I am kind of worried about losing data or a fresh install..

There is no "APFS to HFS conversion".
What are you referring to?

There is no "APFS to HFS conversion".
What are you referring to?
I mean, can I just use the installer to complete the HFS installation or I need to go for a fresh install cuz I am under the APFS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back