Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell optiplex 9020 SFF
CPU
i5 4570
Graphics
GT 730
I built my first hackintosh a few weeks ago. It is (mostly) working really well. As I am using it, I have no problems and it is great compared to my 2011 Mac mini it replaced.

The only two ongoing issues are sleep doesn't work, but I have basically given up on that (my mac mini had sleep issues anyway when I had my USB audio plugged in)
The other minor issue is that boot times can be slow. I have an SSD, though it is a basic model but it seems like I may have some bad drivers that is causing it to hang a few times during bootup. Is this normal? Or should I investigate? Again, once it boots, no issues. I have verbose mode on and once the apple logo comes up, it boots right up as normal.

my system:
Dell Optiplex 9020
i5 Quad, Haswell 3.2 ghz (same as 2013 iMac)
Nvidia 730 GPU
120GB Patriot SSD
8GB ram
Mojave
I am using clover with nothing injected for graphics, the nvidia works OOB.
I am using the built in ethernet.
Built in sound doesn't work but I have an M-Audio USB mobile pre audio interface.

WHere should I look? and Should I be looking at the bootup in verbose mode to see where it hangs?
I uploaded my config.plist file but I suspect it might be a bad kext somewhere.

Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 122
I built my first hackintosh a few weeks ago. It is (mostly) working really well. As I am using it, I have no problems and it is great compared to my 2011 Mac mini it replaced.

The only two ongoing issues are sleep doesn't work, but I have basically given up on that (my mac mini had sleep issues anyway when I had my USB audio plugged in)
The other minor issue is that boot times can be slow. I have an SSD, though it is a basic model but it seems like I may have some bad drivers that is causing it to hang a few times during bootup. Is this normal? Or should I investigate? Again, once it boots, no issues. I have verbose mode on and once the apple logo comes up, it boots right up as normal.

my system:
Dell Optiplex 9020
i5 Quad, Haswell 3.2 ghz (same as 2013 iMac)
Nvidia 730 GPU
120GB Patriot SSD
8GB ram
Mojave
I am using clover with nothing injected for graphics, the nvidia works OOB.
I am using the built in ethernet.
Built in sound doesn't work but I have an M-Audio USB mobile pre audio interface.

WHere should I look? and Should I be looking at the bootup in verbose mode to see where it hangs?
I uploaded my config.plist file but I suspect it might be a bad kext somewhere.

Thanks

You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

Debug.png

clover wiki debug

Ok, updated.
You mean the one I am sure I clicked on without reading? :)
if you had read the rules, then why didn't you update your hardware profile?

if you had read the rules, then why didn't you update your hardware profile?
I just said, I probably didn't read it all the way. I was just trying to be funny though since this whole site is devoted to people not actually reading the thing you click on "I agree". I have never read the apple terms and conditions but it is my understanding that you "agree" to not install macOS on non-apple hardware.
Just kind of ironic, that's all.
This is a reasonable request since it helps people get an idea of the system you're running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back