CPU
i3 7100
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I did a succesfull install of Mojave on my system ( Asrock Z170M Pro4S / i7 7700K / 256Gb MX500 / 2x4GB / HD630 igpu)
but the boottime is very slow compared with Sierra, it takes minutes to boot.
I searched on this site for a fix and on google but nothing that helped, i even changed my filesystem from apfs to hfs+ with Paragon apfsconvert but that was not a improvement, it only got worse.
It's likely caused by third-party storage because even real Apple user have this problem with Mojave.
Anyone here who has a solution or have we wait for Apple to come with a solution?

Check that Debug is not enabled in your config.plist :
Clover Wiki - Debug.

Note that Mojave 10.14.2 requires boot volumes to be formatted APFS.

Thanks i already tried that too but i couldn't find that line in my config.plist with Plist Edit Pro, maybe i have to add that line?
Further i notice that the folder Extensions in Mojave is about 960Mb while in Sierra it's only 6MB, there are only 16 kexts files in it while in the Mojave Extesions folder it's endless. I found that Apple users remove old kext files that they are not using anymore and after that the bootime was normal ( seconds instead minutes).

If this is still a problem for you (or others who come after you), try the following which worked for me. I disabled the built in graphics on my motherboard. Mojave boots in 15 seconds now (used to be 85 seconds).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back