Graphics
Nvidia GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys!

Thank you all for this great community!
This week i decided to give iBoot a try, and after a lot of reading, tweaking and trying i succesfully made my PC boot the Mac OS-X disc. But when I open the Disk Utility everything starts to "hang" for a couple of minutes. It's like the connection to the hard drive is bad. After selecting the hard drive on the list in Disk Utility the system hangs for like 4 og 5 minutes and when it's finally done and I am able to format the drive, it hangs for like forever after starting the format-process. The OS-X live-CD system "itself" seems ok - i can change keyboard layout and browse other drop-down menues The only way back is to force the Disk Utility to quit (CMD+Q). Back at the main screen it then hangs again when trying to detect available hard drives.

What could possibly be messing this up?

I am using the latest iBoot 2.6 and I am typing -x PCIRootUID=1 upon booting since my GFX is a GTX 470.

My setup
ASUS P6T motherboard
Intel Core i7 920
6 GB OZC DDRIII RAM (only 4GB installed)
ASUS (Nvidia) GTX 470
Western Digital 320 GB SATAII hard drive
Antec High Current Gamer 750W PSU

Setup details
Runnig latest bios (1408 i think)
JMicron controller is DISABLED
Onboard audio controller is DISABLED
Intel controller is set to ACHI
Hard drive is connected to SATA-port #2
Optical DVD-drive is connected på SATA-port #1
Intel SpeedStep is DISABLED
C-State is ENABLED and limited to C6
All extra USB-stuff and hard drives are DISCONNECTED
Everything is running stock clocks

Once again, thank you for a great community :D
And sorry for my bad english ;)

Cheers!

EDIT: Typo

Okay, after ALOT of research I finally fixed it.

The slow access was due to some IRQ conflict between SATA and HPET - IRQ2 need to be free for HPET to use. This is trick is done through modding the DSDT.

Lucky for me, some guys already did the coding, and "all" I had to do was to make iBoot load the modded DSDT file before installing (wasn't that easy)
Wollah! :D

More information about the slow SATA issue on some ASUS boards (including my P6T) can be found here:
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=564

A IRQ-modded DSDT-file for the P6T-board can be found here:
http://trick77.com/2009/10/12/asus-p6t-64-bit-osx86/

Another DSDT-file for the P6T which should make you system preform a little better can be found over at "The Flee's OSX86 Page":
http://www.fleebailey33.org/
This guy did a really good job on tuning his DSDT so I can only recommend it (if you have a P6T of course). Just find the post with his latest package (think it's 2.0.9.5).

Cheers!

My setup is almost identical to yours and I was wondering if/how you were able to get your graphics card supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back