1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
GA-Z68X-UD3H
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
16GB Corsair RAM
i7-2700K processor Sandy Bridge
Using Radeon 6850 graphics card.

Here is what I tried and where I'm at. I would really appreciate any help. This is my second build as my first one is still completely solid after almost 5 years.

Created El Cap UniBeast USB with USB 3 stick 16gb, but using USB 2 port for creation and install.
Used my current build on Lion 7.5 to create the USB for El Capitan.

Using legacy bios f10 with patched DSDT.aml

USB created successfully. Install to brand new SSD went successfully.
Had to change boot arg at clover screen to cpus=1 in order to boot from USB and complete install.

During boot, I get b1f: init5 when booting from USB, but system still boots.
Disabled all USB 3 in bios, b1f: init5 persists, but still boots so...?

Go through set up on new install, run MultiBeast
QuickStart legacy clover
RealTek Audio
Fake ktexts
No null power management selection
Sata3
Sata3e
Network selection latest version
No SSDT selection

Mount EFI partition and put patched DSDT in patched folder in clover.

Eject USB, reboot...

Change BIOS to hard disk primary boot device. Save exit.

Get to Clover boot loader and it's very low resolution, but shows boot to EFI, my SSD "El Capitan" and Recovery.
Select my SSD....

Black screen, no joy.

Don't know what else to try, and I'm new to clover.
I've searched all over the web and multiple posts here before putting up this thread.

The install above is my second attempt to install with the same USB. Fist attempt same outcome, only difference was I used SSDT in MultiBeast and did not use a DSDT.

I think it may be something rather simple, but I can't get there. Please help and thank you.

Read a few more success posts with similar hardware. One saying that UniBeast USB should be formatted MBR. Listed this as very important, but didn't specify why.

Thinking of getting another USB stick that is only 2.0.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

In my searching I've seen others with this similar issue, but with different mobos, so is anyone with the same system can help it would be great. Stork has a system that is very similar to mine... Son of Zorro I believe. I followed the El Capitan guide using Storks build as a reference and I'm still stuck... please help? Thank you.

Would like to contact this user from this thread, but can't send message:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...68x-ud3h-b3-bios-f10-sandy-bridge-cor.180051/

This system is almost exactly like mine. Can someone look at the above link and let me know is creating the UniBeast with MBR is the way to go?

Last edited:
Not sure if I didn't follow rules of the forum, if there is something missing in the information provided or on my profile, please let me know. I read the rules, just want to be sure.

I'm just wondering why so far no one has had any information for me. I think some have had this issue. I went through the big list of fixes and none that pertained to my problem worked.

Is there someone here in the San Diego area?

When you get to the Clover boot menu, use verbose mode to see where your boot process is getting stuck. What's great about tools like MultiBeast is that all the hard work has been done and users can simply pick and choose what they need. The problem, however, is that most of the folks who are just starting with their first hackingtosh have almost no idea what any of the installation options actually do.

There are some defaults that get installed by MultiBeast which may not even apply to your case (that was definitely the situation for me). If you want to learn more about Clover and its myriad options, I recommend getting a copy of Clover Configurator and reading: https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration

In the meantime, let us know where your system is getting hung after you use the verbose boot option.

Thank you for replying! I tried to boot just now without the USB plugged in. This is what my clover boot screen looks like...

Also, my mouse doesn't get power so I use the keyboard to arrow down to verbose mode. I don't see what I'm actually selecting because the choices don't highlight as I press the down arrow, but the mouse cursor flashes... I counted my key presses and I'm pretty sure I booted in verbose. I also tried single user verbose.

The other pics here show what I saw after I hit enter. It was flashing between a blurry photo and white. I don't get any readout or anything. It just flashes like that forever. But the mouse functionality comes back. ???

IMG_2356.JPG
IMG_2357.JPG
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG

None of your screenshots show the boot messages in verbose mode. In verbose mode, you would see a big wall of text flash by as it boots into Mac OS.

I don't get anything scrolling down the screen when booting verbose mode. It gets to the boot loader, as in the pic, then I select my SSD, hit space, select verbose mode and hit enter. No text before screen goes black and then to what I posted in these pics. Crazy.... not sure what the heck is happening.

Took some rapid fire shots with my phone when booting again in verbose. I thought this was just screen noise, but it looks like it could be a bunch of text squashed into a line.... so that's probably not going to help if we can't see what it says. After the gray screen flas it goes black and hangs there.

Today I recreated another unibeast usb. Install went fine, boot from usb is fine even though I'm still getting the b1f: init5 error when booting the USB. System still boots. This is a different USB stick. 2.0.

Reformatted the ssd and reinstalled OS. That went fine too.

Used this thread as a post install guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-b3-el-capitan-legacy-f13-bios-650ti.183414/

I did notice in the config file on the SSD that intel graphics is being injected, but I didn't select that in multibeast.

IMG_2368.JPG
IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2370.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back