Evga
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I just built a new computer and noticed that most of the parts I picked are listed on the custoMac 2012 list Pro

Intel Core i7-3770K
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
2 EVGA 670 FTW
2 1tb Barracuda drives and I bouight a sandisk SSD for mac osx
Sony DVD drive

I dont want to mess up my new build and have a few questions.

Can I use sli on mac osx and windows easily? I want to chose my os on startup and have it run the hardware without having to uninstall and reinstall my extra gpu. If it isnt supported can I still install and run mac OSx with both cards installed with only one being used by OSX. I dont want to damage them or my cpu.

I see that I boot from Chimera to start either OS. Does this mean my bios will be totally untouched?I did some reading on it in the forums but it wasnt clear to me. Does it work like this, my mac drive boots first on power up then if windows is chosen the drive with Chimera tells the windows drive to boot?

If I unplug my Mac drive will windows boot up normally?

My ram isnt listed, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB, 2 x 8GB 2133
Is Ram type important?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any and all assistance.

Hello,
I just built a new computer and noticed that most of the parts I picked are listed on the custoMac 2012 list Pro

Intel Core i7-3770K
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
2 EVGA 670 FTW
2 1tb Barracuda drives and I bouight a sandisk SSD for mac osx
Sony DVD drive

I dont want to mess up my new build and have a few questions.

Can I use sli on mac osx and windows easily? I want to chose my os on startup and have it run the hardware without having to uninstall and reinstall my extra gpu. If it isnt supported can I still install and run mac OSx with both cards installed with only one being used by OSX. I dont want to damage them or my cpu.
SLI does not work in OS X. You can, however, use the 2 gfx cards to run more displays

I see that I boot from Chimera to start either OS. Does this mean my bios will be totally untouched?
The bootloader doesn't make any changes to the BIOS at all.

I did some reading on it in the forums but it wasnt clear to me. Does it work like this, my mac drive boots first on power up then if windows is chosen the drive with Chimera tells the windows drive to boot?
a. at power on the board BIOS loads, passes control to the first boot device in the device boot order (i.e. DVD-RW, then HDD/SSD, then whatever is next in list, etc.)
b. If no disc in DVD, boot is passed to next device.
c. If next device is HDD, then passes to first HDD in HDD boot order.
d. Bootloader on first HDD/SSD in the drive boot order then boots up that drive. If the first drive is OS Xwith Chameleon/Chimera, and you hit a key to stop the auto boot timer or use instant menu, then Chameleon/Chomera presents you with icons for your partitions on all drives. You can select a partition to boot an OS from.

If I unplug my Mac drive will windows boot up normally?
probably

My ram isnt listed, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB, 2 x 8GB 2133
Is Ram type important?
any good ram will work, but not always at the rated speed unless you set it in BIOS. Currently most boards are not rated for the speed of your ram without overclocking. Not to worry, though, it will run fine at a slower speed.

Thanks for clearing it all up, had a surgery and didnt get a chance to check and start this until now.
Looking forward to a hackintosh:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back