Contribute
Register

Sleeps works good 1 time, after that I get Sleep Wake failure in EFI

HS09 the ITE port should be set as internal (255) not as USB 2 physical port (0)

View attachment 566108 HS09 set as USB2 physical (0).

View attachment 566109 Change HS09 to Internal (255).

The rest looks OK.

Revised USBMap.kext with HS09 changed to Internal is attached.

See if this helps.
Thanks for the kext.. Sadly the problem stills.
I don't know what is causing this problem, maybe my motherboard isn't compatible.

Your motherboard uses a different chipset compared to the Apple 10th Gen Intel systems they released. But that shouldn't stop Sleep working.

It is more likely to be a setting in the Power options, your bios, or a process running in the background that is preventing the system from sleeping and waking successfully more than once.

Your motherboard uses a different chipset compared to the Apple 10th Gen Intel systems they released. But that shouldn't stop Sleep working.

It is more likely to be a setting in the Power options, your bios, or a process running in the background that is preventing the system from sleeping and waking successfully more than once.
Thanks for the help anyway, I don't know a way to check the "faulty" process that could make this problem. I think I will keep using power off option or one good sleep and the second a reboot.

Thanks for the help anyway, I don't know a way to check the "faulty" process that could make this problem. I think I will keep using power off option or one good sleep and the second a reboot.

Had this problem on a iMac at work, after looking at it, it turned out to be a USB Hub causing the problem. Make sure USB is configured properly. If the problem still occurs unplug every USB connected device with just Mouse and Keyboard connected then try sleep again.

Had this problem on a iMac at work, after looking at it, it turned out to be a USB Hub causing the problem. Make sure USB is configured properly. If the problem still occurs unplug every USB connected device with just Mouse and Keyboard connected then try sleep again.
Thanks for the idea but sadly same problem stills.
Usually I use a USB headphone, USB Wifi adapter and Logitech Unify adapter (user for wifi keyboard and mouse). To make the tests I used only 1 USB port with my Logitech Unify adapter in different USB ports without luck.

Did you find a fix for this? Getting the same issue on my newly setup Hackintosh. Using a Gigabyte B660 DS3H DDR4, and am pretty sure my USB-Mapping is correct

Do the disabled USB ports also need to be typed correctly?

Did you find a fix for this? Getting the same issue on my newly setup Hackintosh. Using a Gigabyte B660 DS3H DDR4, and am pretty sure my USB-Mapping is correct

Do the disabled USB ports also need to be typed correctly?

I didn't solve the problem. I can put to sleep and wake up well the computer only 1 time, the next time the computer restart after a wake up from sleep.

I didn't solve the problem. I can put to sleep and wake up well the computer only 1 time, the next time the computer restart after a wake up from sleep.

I got it working on my mobo. Disabled 4G Decoding MMIO Assignment and that was it. Sleeps perfectly now. No ResizeBars, but that is hardly of concern to me

EDIT: As an experiment, I removed my USB-Map, added in the USBMapDummy.kext and enabled the XHCIPortLimit Kernel Quirk. All 25 of my XHCI devices showed up, none of them were mapped, and the system still sleeps properly.

I use the GPRW to disable USB wakes and so looks like as long as the USB Wakes are handled, USB mapping may not really be needed for sleep

Last edited:
I got it working on my mobo. Disabled 4G Decoding MMIO Assignment and that was it. Sleeps perfectly now. No ResizeBars, but that is hardly of concern to me

EDIT: As an experiment, I removed my USB-Map, added in the USBMapDummy.kext and enabled the XHCIPortLimit Kernel Quirk. All 25 of my XHCI devices showed up, none of them were mapped, and the system still sleeps properly.

I use the GPRW to disable USB wakes and so looks like as long as the USB Wakes are handled, USB mapping may not really be needed for sleep

I checked my BIOS configuration and I had 4G Decoding disabled already. I noticed you have a RX 6800 XT graphic card and I am using a GTX 760, so maybe that's my problem.

I don't know GPRW to try that. What's that?

Thanks.

I checked my BIOS configuration and I had 4G Decoding disabled already. I noticed you have a RX 6800 XT graphic card and I am using a GTX 760, so maybe that's my problem.

I don't know GPRW to try that. What's that?

Thanks.
The 6800XT is natively supported without any need of WhateverGreen, so i am sure it has an impact.

The GPRW is just a fix to disable USB wake, due to spurious wake events causing the system to immediately wake up after sleep

Back