Contribute
Register

Sleeping my hack but random reboots when woken

OK, you carry out your tests tomorrow.

In the meantime I have created an OpenCore 0.9.8 EFI for your H370, i3-8100 & RX560 system for you to try in place of your Clover EFI.

Testing/Booting:
If you want to try this OpenCore EFI, add your Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID data to the revised config.plist. You will need Corpnewt's ProperTree or another compatible Plist Editor:

https://github.com/corpnewt/ProperTree

Rename the EFI-GJ folder to EFI.

Don't make any other changes to the setup or config.plist.

Copy the revised EFI folder to the EFI partition on a spare USB pen drive, which has been formatted HFS+, and boot your system from the pen drive.

Don't replace your current CLOVER EFI until you are sure the revised OC EFI works and boots your system without any issues.

You will need to use the ResetNvramEntry.efi option before you boot macOS with this OC setup.
  • Simply boot from the USB pen drive, use the BIOS Boot Menu to select the USB's UEFI partition (F8).
  • When you arrive on the OC boot screen (GUI), Press the Spacebar button on your keyboard.
    • This will unhide the tools and drivers contained in the OC setup.
  • Select the ResetNvramEntry.efi icon and the system should automatically reboot.
  • This will clear any old NVRAM entries and the system will use the new entries in the OC setup.
  • Select your USB pen drive from the system Boot Menu again, and
    • This time boot in to macOS using the revised EFI.
Let us know how you get on. Post a screen image if the EFI kernel panics so we can see what needs changing.

Attachments

• EFI-GJ.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 6
In hackintool if I press the ‘inject’ icon I get lots of SS ports (which I deleted to create my USBPort.kext).
Hello,
Do not use "Inject".

1. Use "Clear all"
2. Use "Refresh"
3. Comment whatever you want
4. Delete un-necessary lines
5. Export
6. Keep the exported USBPorts.kext ( on the desktop )
7. If "something went wrong", then go 1.

Cheers :)

In the meantime I have created an OpenCore 0.9.8 EFI for your H370, i3-8100 & RX560 system for you to try in place of your Clover EFI.

Testing/Booting:
If you want to try this OpenCore EFI, add your Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID data to the revised config.plist. You will need Corpnewt's ProperTree or another compatible Plist Editor:

Copy the revised EFI folder to the EFI partition on a spare USB pen drive, which has been formatted HFS+, and boot your system from the pen drive.

Don't replace your current CLOVER EFI until you are sure the revised OC EFI works and boots your system without any issues.

You will need to use the ResetNvramEntry.efi option before you boot macOS with this OC setup.
  • Simply boot from the USB pen drive, use the BIOS Boot Menu to select the USB's UEFI partition (F8).
  • When you arrive on the OC boot screen (GUI), Press the Spacebar button on your keyboard.
  • Select the ResetNvramEntry.efi icon and the system should automatically reboot.
  • This will clear any old NVRAM entries and the system will use the new entries in the OC setup.
Let us know how you get on. Post a screen image if the EFI kernel panics so we can see what needs changing.
That is so very kind of you Edhawk, to spend the time creating this OC set up for me. Scary or what for me!
I shall try to pluck up the courage to do it. Hopefully with even clearing the NVRAM if I stuff it I shall be able to get back to where I am now at least.

Yes it is significant. When you insert a USB3 pen drive in a USB3 port an SSxx port should be highlighted in Hackintool.

There are a few reasons why this doesn’t happen.
  1. The USB3 ports have been disabled in the Bios.
  2. You are using a USB2 pen drive, not a USB3 drive.
  3. The USB3 pen drive is defective and only works/connects at USB2 speed.
  4. A USB helper kext or SSDT is present in your configuration and disabling the USB3 ports.
Without a lot more knowledge about your setup it is impossible for me to give you a clearer or more definitive answer.
To follow up these questions despite being possibly superseded by your OC setup.

1. Again not aware and attach a screen shot of Peripherals/USB Configuration. I believe they are the default settings.

2 & 3. Just purchased a Sandisk Ultra 3.2Gen1 and pugged in all the ports and as before only shows in HS not SS

4. As before: “Wouldn’t have a clue – nothing I have intentionally done”

Attachments

• BIOS-USB Config.jpg
    BIOS-USB Config.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

Testing/Booting:

Edhawk would you please indulge me a couple of more times then feel free to let me sink or swim.

I assume getting the various variables I use the existing Clover Config.plist so using both Clover Configuator and ProperTree

Serial Number

In Clover and ProperTree SMBIOS it is the same;

MLB

In Clover, Rt Variable for MLB is the same as BoardSerialNumber in ProperTree

In ProperTree, Rt Variables #MLB is a different number

Which if either do I use?

ROM

In Clover, Rt variables says: N/A

In ProperTree, Rt variables says: #ROM use MacAddr0

SystemUUID: (I assume is same as SmUUID)

In Clover and ProperTeee, SMBIOS gives the same number.

Would you please clarify what, if any, I should use?

Have a read of this part of the Clover to OpenCore conversion guide, it answers your questions about which part should be used in OC.

No I hadn’t as didn’t know it existed have now read several times and I am not much the wiser. I have also read the other parts of the guide too.

I think though we are at cross-purposes for it is not what fields I should amend, which you clearly stated in post #21, but what numbers I use from my existing Clover set up to put in those OC fields.

I have come to the conclusion, correctly I hope, that MLB is the board serial number shown in config.plist/SMBIOS

So just one stumbling block to go (hopefully):

For ROM I ‘look at’ my Clover config.plist with Clover Configurator I get different numbers etc when I use ProperTree to ‘look at’ the SAME config.plist file

ROM
Using Clover Configuator, Rt variables says: N/A
Using ProperTree, Rt variables says: #ROM use MacAddr0

At https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/clover-conversion/Clover-config.html

It says:

No direct translation for UseMacAddr0 as you need to provide your hardware ROM, can be found in System Preferences -> Network -> Advanced -> Hardware

I followed that path and get Mac address in the form of XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

I can use HEX converter in Clover Configuator to translate into HEX if that is right.

At https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#platforminfo

It says:
ROM “6 random bytes” and gives these numbers: 11223300 0000, as an example

Which are not in the same format as text or hex I found for my Mac address

So which, if either or what do I use please? ...............................................................

So which, if either or what do I use please?
Use your actual MAC address without the colon separators.
MAC address can usually be seen in your BIOS setup screens.

So, if your actual MAC address is 11:22:33:44:55:66 you would enter it as 11223344 5566.

Use your actual MAC address without the colon separators.
MAC address can usually be seen in your BIOS setup screens.

So, if your actual MAC address is 11:22:33:44:55:66 you would enter it as 11223344 5566.
Thanks Pilgrim for your quick, simple and concise answer.
I shall presume unless informed otherwise that there is intentionally a space between 44 and 55.

Testing/Booting:

Hi Edhawk

As suggested I am reporting back.

Made your suggested amendments ONLY.

Set UEFI partition on thumb drive in BIOS

Got into the OC screen and reset the NVRAM and it rebooted.

Got back to the OC screen with the various MacOS hard drives showing again.

Tried all but got the same ‘panic’ as shown on the screen shot.

To clarify as it says “Mac OS Version: Not yet set” my normal MacOS is Mojave but I also have High Sierra on another drive.

Thankfully I managed to get back to my clover boot, resetting NVRAM in process.

Attachments

• OC Panic am 5-3-24.jpg
    OC Panic am 5-3-24.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
Back