Contribute
Register

Sleeping my hack but random reboots when woken

The kernel panic was caused by there being two versions of Lilu.kext and two versions of AppleALC.kext present during the boot process. The older kexts are probably present in the /Library/Extensions folder, and part of the kernel cache. While OpenCore was looking to inject/load a newer version of both kexts.

The duplicate kexts in the kernel cache/prelinked kernel caused the kernel panic shown above.

The kernel panic was caused by there being two versions of Lilu.kext and two versions of AppleALC.kext present during the boot process. The older kexts are probably present in the /Library/Extensions folder, and part of the kernel cache. While OpenCore was looking to inject/load a newer version of both kexts.

The duplicate kexts in the kernel cache/prelinked kernel caused the kernel panic shown above.
Hi Edhawk

Reporting again.

Well I did delete those two kexts and was able to boot from the thumb drive. Noting resetting the NVRAM on the way.

I normally have 3 internal drives (2 SSDs and a platter) all of which can be set as a Clover boot loader.

I disconnected all the drives except the SSD(850).

Transferred OS EFI to SSD(850) and was able to boot that SSD(850) in Mojave.

So have tested it works and now to refine my system to see if it improves on the glitches I have been getting with clover.

Thanks for your time and expertise.

Back