Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
660Ti Sleep issues.

I cannot seem to be able to get sleep to work. It will go to sleep fine, but will wake up to a black screen. I can adjust the volume from there, so I know it is in fact waking up. It was working fine under 10.8.2, but the update to 10.8.3 seems to have broken it. I am using darkwake=8. Specs are Z77-DS3H, i5-3570K, PNY 660Ti, and 16Gb RAM.

sleep enabler isnt the way to go

no, its just that its unnecessary for their boards. so rather than using sleep enabler, it would be better to find the root cause of the reason they cant sleep, instead of turning to additional kexts

I have the same problem, z77-ds3h. Since 10.8.3, both auto-sleep and manual sleep are broken. Attempting them gives a black screen, with the CPU fan still running, and I have to hard reset the computer in order to be able to do anything again. Any ideas?

I cannot seem to be able to get sleep to work. It will go to sleep fine, but will wake up to a black screen. I can adjust the volume from there, so I know it is in fact waking up. It was working fine under 10.8.2, but the update to 10.8.3 seems to have broken it. I am using darkwake=8. Specs are Z77-DS3H, i5-3570K, PNY 660Ti, and 16Gb RAM.

Hi, have you disabled VT-d in your bios? Also have you installed NullCPUPowermanagement.kext as this will not work with your mobo, in fact you don't need any kexts for sleeping as the DS3H can run a nearly vanilla install except for SATA.

Another issue that causes sleep problems is ECHI being set to Enabled or Auto, I found setting it to Disabled helped solve a few issues.

BIOS settings are:
optimized defaults settings
xHCI = Auto
xHCI Hand off = Enabled
EHCI Hand-off = Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back