Graphics
GeForce GT 520 (1024MB)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on a computer with a nVidia 7300SE graphics card, built in audio on MSI N1996 (MSI MS-7301) motherboard. Everything works, other than sleep. When I force sleep, the hard-drive powers down, but the fan continues to spin as normal; the screen goes black, but it is not fully sleeping, and I cannot wake it up from this state.

As recommended, I've tried going through and unplugging bits of hardware then sleeping to make sure none of them interfere, I've done this with every piece of hardware, including mouse, keyboard etc. Still no luck after doing this, so what would you guys recommend be my next route of action? Thanks!

Have you checked you are using correct DSDT for bios revision and SleepEnabler kext for your OS version?

I'm not using a DSDT, I don't think there is one available for my motherboard, I've just used the iBoot, SL, Multibeast default method. I'd love it if I'm wrong?

Sorry mate i didn't have time to search for DSDT myself. If i'd got that far doing a build with un documented hardware, then personally, i would quit while ahead; most people view sleep as non essential. Also, I Have never used iBoot or multibeast on 10.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back