Contribute
Register

Sleep works... for 2 seconds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
First try to change Darkwake to =1 and if that doesn't work, delete it.

I tried to change it to ...=1 but it didn't work so I erased the Darkwake line and my boot logo changed but nothing else, still doesn't work.

Did you reboot after each change? If you're using sleepenabler.kext, delete it and boot with the -f flag. if you're using Nullcpu kext delete it and boot with -f flag.

Yes, I did reboot after each change. It seems that I have none of these kexts in /Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions. By the way. my motherboard is an Asus P8Z77-V and I'm using a flashed BIOS.

Don't use a flashed BIOS. You can get a fully functioning ASUS hackintosh without one or a DSDT. Just look at my specs. Update the BIOS to the most recent legit version, delete Darwake, and it should function.

Are you sure ? Are you using a DSDT ?

I am not using a DSDT. Screen Shot 2013-04-10 at 9.47.05 PM.png

Obviously the drivers will be different for audio and network for you. Maybe not. But this made mine function 100%

Should I reinstall Mountain Lion ?

You absolutely do need a patched BIOS to unlock the MSR.

Avoid using those patched System Kexts at all costs if possible, updates just break it. Use your patched BIOS and check Console to see the wake reason, I bet you install USB3 drivers which is causing the issue.

I would. A clean slate is always nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back