CPU
I7 2600K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have noticed that if I don't have the darkwake=0 flag in my boot plist, that when I wake up my hackintosh, the fans spin, but the monitor never comes on. However, I have noticed that if I press the 'enter' key, that the monitor turns on successfully (even if I pressed another key to wake up the computer unsuccessfully in the first place). Any reason why this is so? Maybe the sleep bug is found in chimera and the darkwake flag isn't needed if this bug is fixed?

Has anyone ever witnessed this behavior, or can try it to see if it's not only my setup?

Has anyone ever witnessed this behavior, or can try it to see if it's not only my setup?

darkwake=0 is a legacy from Lion & systems using MacPro3,1.

no need for darkwake flags at all for ML and mini / imac smbios as far as I know.

The default darkwake flags in Apple source codes works for many systems.

darkwake=0 is a legacy from Lion & systems using MacPro3,1.

no need for darkwake flags at all for ML and mini / imac smbios as far as I know.

The default darkwake flags in Apple source codes works for many systems.

Oh okay, I did not know that. Is there a way for me to be able to wake up my system with any key and not just the enter key? Or is this just overcome by adding the darkwake flag?

Anyone have any idea why I can only wake the monitor with the enter key, but the computer can be woken with any key?

Anyone have any idea why I can only wake the monitor with the enter key, but the computer can be woken with any key?

I just found out that I was wrong the whole time. It seems that it's not only the enter key that will wake the monitor, but that after initially pressing any key to wake the computer, I have to press any other key in order to wake the monitor. Is there anyway to change this so that I only need to press one key, or is this standard on Mac desktops? (I tried this on my Macbook Air, and I only needed to press any key once in order to wake both the computer and the monitor.) Also, I set up a sleep schedule, and when my computer woke up automatically at the specified time, it was able to wake both itself and the monitor at once, so this twice key press has to be an option somewhere that I am missing.

i use darkwake=10 wakes with one key and mouse

Re: Darkwake flag

Forgive the off-topic remark, but maybe someone will benefit from my troubles.

Z77-UDh5 with latest Chimera and recommended BIOS settings had a lot of trouble with a mini-PCIe Sil3132 eSATA card. More specifically, waking up the system from (auto- or forced) sleep would fail to wake the enclosure holding the drives (in a port-multiplication setup). This also happened with a Marvell 91xxx-based card.

What worked was the following procedure: create a DSDT with the default PJALM modifications and remove the darkwake flag from org.chameleon.plist.

Hope this helps somebody.

I have a very similar behavior with my very similar system. It takes many clicks or a click then a key press to cause the monitor to wake up fully. The system seems to come back to life immediately, the only difference is that in my case, the monitor flashes on(fully blank) then powers down to power saver over and over.
I'm going to try messing with darkwake to see if I can get around it but given my mac mini 5.1 system definition it doesn't sound like that's going to be effective.
EDIT - Added a darkwake=8 flag, and the machine now wakes up from sleep with a single mouse click.

Last edited:
I just watched my system go to sleep, and it's doing this odd thing where it powers down the screen, then wakes it up, exactly four times, then stays asleep. The network plug lights and processor fan keep going until the final, successful monitor power down. Ideas?
i3-2105 HD3000 graphics on GA-H67N-USB3-B3 with version F9.
I can live with this behavior, but it's weird and I'd prefer not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back