Contribute
Register

Sleep (wake-up) does not work properly after Lion upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following is speaking from my experience. I haven't done mass test with two of my machines, but here are my observation and success with sleep and wake:

I will start a new thread based on these observations:

Rule 1: if you are suffering from CMOS reset:
Symptom: go to sleep is fine, but upon wake up, your Lion grawws and fans go up. You need to reset the machine and BIOS indicates an over clock. You need to apply the following, assuming SL could sleep on your machine:
Partial Solution: code copied from tsung from insanelymac:
Code:
perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\x74\x0b|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\xeb\x0b|; s|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\x74\x08|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\xeb\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Rule 2: if you have problem waking up the Lion:

Observation and solution: really play with your USB connections. A lot of ppl (me included) noticed that the different order of USB peripherals can cause difference wakeup behaviors. Like mine is fully functional if I put my apple keyboard to USB port 2 and bluetooth dongle to port 3. As far as my experience, USB port 1 is significant, and should be carefully planned when using it.

By fiddling around with mine USB port, I have a fully functional wake up.

Note: Always use Console to check your wake up events. Key string is "Wake Reason = xxx". You can read more details about it here.(http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&...c.r_pw.&fp=6738bf4e4a8a45f4&biw=1467&bih=1150)

Good luck!

bones123 said:
the_gael said:
bones123 said:
For me something changed when I went to 10.6.8.. my editted bluetooth kext from notshy's bluetooth thread has changed and I no longer have the option for wake with bluetooth under system pref. I think I'm going to go with the macbook bluetooth when I get some time to play around with it. While I'm at it I'm going to build an airport pci card too

bones123 - I have now built 4 of them and its probably the best mod I have done for my Hacs. Works flawlessly :D I use a 3 antennae PCI-E to mPCI-E adaptor so that I can use the third antennae as a Bluetooth antenna. However it works well just using the Macbook antenna as well if it comes with your module and cable.

does the bluetooth work in the BIOS and during the boot process with the Apple bluetooth? My dongle works sometimes but on like 10-20% of the time

Best to discuss in the thread about the Apple Bluetooth Module as this thread is really about Wake-up rather than the Bluetooth module. I will post my reply there! :thumbup:

splodgecat said:
I'm having IDENTICAL problems. Hack wakes properly if I tap the keyboard, if not, it snoozes again.

I have a D-Link DBT-120 USB bluetooth. And bluetooth magic trackpad and keyboard.

Curiously, my trackpad CONSTANTLY disappears and reappears all the time, the notification flashes up constantly. But the keyboard is fine I'm typing with it now. Bizarre.

I'm also using DBT-120. As soon as i unplug it sleep and wakeup works fine... H/W Ver. is B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back