Contribute
Register

Sleep/wake issue and display corruption after macOS Sierra update

Status
Not open for further replies.
XWAK is patched. I also Commented out XSEL, removed ACPIDebug code but still the same issue.

When u say test on 10.11 do u mean wipe and install 10.11 ? Sleep wake was working perfectly on 10.11

When u say test on 10.11 do u mean wipe and install 10.11 ? Sleep wake was working perfectly on 10.11

Then you probably have some new issue in 10.12. 10.12 should be considered a work in progress... not a daily driver.

Then you probably have some new issue in 10.12. 10.12 should be considered a work in progress... not a daily driver.

I will go back to 10.11 then. Thank you so much for your time rehabman.

I was able to resolve this problem by reflashing the bios.
I clean installed El Capitan and used the DSDT patches and clover config but I still had the same wake reboot issue. I suspected hardware issue. Tried replacing the RAM and disconnecting other devices to no avail. I started searching for wake reboot issues in ASUS laptops running Windows. I came across this https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...rom-sleep-mode&p=567379&viewfull=1#post567379 . My windows Installation was not working so installed Windows and could confirm the wake reboot issue here also. After reflashing the bios sleep and wake were normal on windows and El Capitan. I upgraded to macOS Sierra and I have everything working.

Rehabman its normal then I push sleep fn + f1 sleep bottom my computer go sleep but after 2-3 sec I hear cooler and system is woke up and agen go sleep and all time like this in sleep mode and monitor is all time black maybe you have guide or patch for something like this to fix or maybe advice?

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
Rehabman its normal then I push sleep fn + f1 sleep bottom my computer go sleep but after 2-3 sec I hear cooler and system is woke up and agen go sleep and all time like this in sleep mode and monitor is all time black maybe you have guide or patch for something like this to fix or maybe advice?

Sounds like "instant wake"... did you apply the appropriate _PRW patch as per ACPI patching guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Yes it was instant wake now its working property thx you again man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back