Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Here's an interesting one. Selecting sleep seems to work as expected (i.e., the computer instantly appears to go to sleep). However, moving the mouse or striking a key to bring it out of sleep results in a reboot. Strange behavior which would suggest that the computer is indeed sleeping not shut down, since the computer responds to mouse movements.

Any ideas?

ghorwith said:
Here's an interesting one. Selecting sleep seems to work as expected (i.e., the computer instantly appears to go to sleep). However, moving the mouse or striking a key to bring it out of sleep results in a reboot. Strange behavior which would suggest that the computer is indeed sleeping not shut down, since the computer responds to mouse movements.

Any ideas?

Tick start up automatically in energy saver and see if that helps your problem.

Sudds said:
ghorwith said:

Any ideas?

that isn't an option. Both "allow power button ...", and "put hard disks to sleep..." are checked.

ghorwith said:
Sudds said:
ghorwith said:

Any ideas?

that isn't an option. Both "allow power button ...", and "put hard disks to sleep..." are checked.

Thats your problem, it should be there, an edit to your DSDT maybe required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back