Contribute
Register

Sleep used to work now it doesnt? what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-z68x-ud3h-b3
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
AMD HD7850 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

i have a hackintosh Osx 10.7..

motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - Gigabyte

i7 2600k

video card ATI hd 6870

at fresh install, the sleep would work fine.. the pc will sleep completely, the fans and cpu and hdd will go to sleep.. but after couple of months.. the sleep stopped working....

any ideas on how to fix it? i cant do another install i have a lot of data that i cant erase.. and applications..

thanks

Have you had any CMOS resets recently? What bios version? What part of sleep fails? Does the monitor and hard drives shut off but fans keep running?

This happened to me recently and finally what fixed it was reflashing F11 bios. It had been shut off a couple times without doing a proper shutdown and I guess maybe something in the bios/cmos got corrupted but after flashing with the same version of the bios all was ok. Afterwards I went ahead and updated to F12 bios. Which at the time I had an F10 DSDT and it still worked fine even on F11 bios but now on F12 DSDT.

What firmware BIOS are you on?

I updated to F12 yesterday and sleep worked for me on F9 without problems.

I tested sleep functions on my Lion disk BEFORE I replicated it on my SL disk.

i have f10 bios...

i think the cmos got reset for shutting the pc down while booting.. in the next boot i got a message saying something about overclock failure or something like that and that my memomy mhz went back to stock and cpu speed aswell..

should i reflash it with the newest bios? and install the new dsdt?

i always had f10..

the monitor shuts off.. but the pc stays the same.. nothing sleeps.. i just press a key on the keyboard and the monitors turn on fast..

i have 3 monitors installed.. just in case that makes a difference..

I would flash to the new DSDT F12. Make sure BIOS sets are set to the correct options, boot order and so forth.

Make sure CSTATE and EIST are ENABLED and NOT AUTO in BIOS.

What do you have checked off under the Energy Saver panel in System Preferences?

on energy saver

i got Put the hard disk to sleep when possible and allow power button to put the computer to sleep. the rest is not checked..

as for cstate and eist.. i couldnt find it in BIOS...

i just finished updating to F12 but the problem is still the same...

It is under Power Management (off the top of my head) third category under the BIOS, at the very bottom.

nop, its not under power management.. i looked in every category and its not in there..

If you update OS X you MUST patch AppleRTC again. Otherwise you will get CMOS resets when rebooting anytime after the system had slept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back