Motherboard
GA-EP43-UD3P
CPU
Xeon E5472
Graphics
8800 GT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Sleep turns off the machine completely. No lights, no fans, nothing. I see motherboard diagnostic lights flash just before it turns off. Pressing the power button starts a cold boot. CMOS seems intact.

I would like sleep functionality to work. I would appreciate if someone pointed me in the direction of the solution or shared their experience. Thanks.

I have auto-patched DSDT for my board, EFI string for video. Not using NullPowerManagement. AppleRTC patched.

Specs of *this* build:

OS X Lion 10.7.3
GA-EX58-UD3R rev 1.6 BIOS version FI
Core i7 940 2.93 GHz
16GB DDR3 1066 MHz (4GB installed while testing)
ASUS GTX285 1GB
SATA 1TB WD Caviar Black
SATA Samsung DVD-RW

Now using DSDT from tonymacx86 database. Sleep shuts the machine down, power button turns on the machine into cold boot. This Gigabyte DSDT was supposedly "verified" to have sleep working, yet it doesn't. Not using any kexts other than FakeSMC, and the only boot modification is the EFI string for GTX285 video.

Board: GA-EX58-UD3R rev 1.6
BIOS: FI

Please help, as it appears that the DSDT in the database is no good!

DSDT now patched to fix PCI problems, still, shuts off instead of sleeping.
Tried SleepEnabler.kext from the google code project page, made no difference.

Actually I tried sleep from Windows 7 just now (first time using Windows with this board) and sleep works great on Windows, so definitely not the board.

Any ideas?

I'm sorry for not answering with a solution for your sleep issue, but I happen to have the exact same config as yours.
and I'd love to know how you patched the dst for the pci problems.
(Whenever I use the DSDT from tonymacx86 database it doesn't boot anymore and get stuck at pci init)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back